No Red Frog Pub on Horizon

LJN22

Does anyone know why the Horizon will not have a Red Frog Pub? What will they have in place of the Red Frog Pub? Just wondering. I love that bar.

Where did you hear that it does not have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where did you hear that it does not have one?

I compared the Vista and the Horizon on the Carnival website. I was shocked to see that it did not have the Pub or the Pig and Anchor BBQ.

It looks like it's that unnamed area across from Pixels, but the location is definitely different than where it is on Vista.

ETA: Looking at it again, it's actually not different. It's the same area that it is on Vista, it's just unnamed. Deck Plans are nowhere near final at this point.

Unless they're planning to introduce some kind of new bar in place of it...but there's definitely a bar there.

There was some chatter on this board earlier this year that the RFP would be smaller and no brewery. But the RFP is a very popular option for Carnival and they'd be crazy to wipe it out altogether. But let's don't panic yet. This time next year we can panic when those first reviews come in with the real deal and pictures.:eek:

I have heard John Heald say (on one of his daily videos) that the Horizon will not have a RFP. With that being said I heard an interview with Colin the brew master on the Vista, and in that interview he did say there would be a brewery on the Horizon . I wonder if it will be a new branded theme?

Similar "discussions" have gone on, on a Horizon FB page, moderated by Norman Freeman...for whats thats worth. Anyway, some points..no RFP...JH saying something along the lines of "something new and exciting" blah blah...but still some sort of "drinking establishment". I also read somewhere that dude Colin would be the brewmaster on Horizon.

Some are suggesting they will expand Guys Pig and Anchor to have indoor seating, cause its "so popular".

Regardless of all the talk and opinion and conjecture, that ship is due to sail it just over 6 months. Why the hell can't Carnival come forward and say definitively, yes, there will be a RFP, or no, there won't be, but here's what there will be instead. Ridiculous to be so secretive or not forthcoming with what the ship will have. Really poor on their part.

I have heard John Heald say (on one of his daily videos) that the Horizon will not have a RFP. With that being said I heard an interview with Colin the brew master on the Vista, and in that interview he did say there would be a brewery on the Horizon . I wonder if it will be a new branded theme?

If you could point us to wwhere one of those videos where John said that it would be appreciated

Similar "discussions" have gone on, on a Horizon FB page, moderated by Norman Freeman...for whats thats worth. Anyway, some points..no RFP...JH saying something along the lines of "something new and exciting" blah blah...but still some sort of "drinking establishment". I also read somewhere that dude Colin would be the brewmaster on Horizon.

Some are suggesting they will expand Guys Pig and Anchor to have indoor seating, cause its "so popular".

Regardless of all the talk and opinion and conjecture, that ship is due to sail it just over 6 months. Why the hell can't Carnival come forward and say definitively, yes, there will be a RFP, or no, there won't be, but here's what there will be instead. Ridiculous to be so secretive or not forthcoming with what the ship will have. Really poor on their part.

Storming Norman, now there's a character

I was looking at the deck plans for the Horizon a few weeks ago and was curious about that same thing as the original poster. I have to say change can be nice but it would be a shame to see the Red Frog brewery not on the Horizon. I sailed on the Vista a few weeks ago and will be on her again at the end of the month and thought the Brewery was great. By the 3rd night of an 8 day trip it was crowded every night and if you like beer they had some good selections. But like someone else said its still in the process of being built so who knows what will happen.

does Norman work for Carnival? or a groupie, or a travel agent or what

Of those 3 choices, he's closer to being a "groupie"...he cruises a lot with Carnival...many on here know him, know of him and have cruised with him, as I have a couple of times. His word is not gospel or fact, but he seems to have some "inside knowledge", hence why I added "FWIW". But no one seems to know for sure what's going to be or not be on Horizon, which is what irritates me as I said that Carnival is not clear on any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those 3 choices, he's closer to being a "groupie"...he cruises a lot with Carnival...many on here know him, know of him and have cruised with him, as I have a couple of times. His word is not gospel or fact, but he seems to have some "inside knowledge", hence why I added "FWIW". But no one seems to know for sure what's going to be or not be on Horizon, which is what irritates me as I said that Carnival is not clear on any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He freebies off of the group travels from what I am told. He is always at all of the VIP and ta events we go to, and he cruises a lot so you do hear stuff.

does Norman work for Carnival? or a groupie, or a travel agent or what

He supplements his living by cruising. He sells overpriced excursions. My rough math has him pocketing thousands per cruise. It's a great gig until one of his excursion misses the ship or is involved in some misfortune. Then I have to wonder who is going to be responsible for cleaning up.

He supplements his living by cruising. He sells overpriced excursions. My rough math has him pocketing thousands per cruise. It's a great gig until one of his excursion misses the ship or is involved in some misfortune. Then I have to wonder who is going to be responsible for cleaning up.

I was on a Vista sailing that he was on last year. The sailing missed Amber Cove (which he had an excursion booked) nobody got their money back. I have no idea why there are so many ppl that follow this clown.