Where were we? Please help me figure this out.

sherin65

In March of 2009, the Voyager of the Seas cruise stopped in Roatan. We didn't have any plans and ended up taking a ferry/pontoon boat to a small island with a pool and some food. I think the beach was nice but we stayed at the pool because it was very windy that day.

I'm enclosing a link to a few pictures to see if anyone recognizes the area and can tell me the name of the place we were at and if it is still open.

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uKCpReuKNx8T5kRL8

Sher.

In March of 2009, the Voyager of the Seas cruise stopped in Roatan. We didn't have any plans and ended up taking a ferry/pontoon boat to a small island with a pool and some food. I think the beach was nice but we stayed at the pool because it was very windy that day.

I'm enclosing a link to a few pictures to see if anyone recognizes the area and can tell me the name of the place we were at and if it is still open.

Thanks in advance for any help!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uKCpReuKNx8T5kRL8

Sher.

Voyager of the Seas belongs to Royal Caribbean that would suggest that your ship docked in coxen hole. If the photo of the ship is Voyager of the Seas in Coxen Hole then you were at Maya Key.

I'll be interested to know if anybody agrees with me or if I'm wrong. Little French Key another possibility but you wouldn't have been able to see your ship in Coxen Hole from there. I also don't think Little French Key has a pool but I'm not sure.

It was called "Fins and Flippers" at that time. Too bad now you can only access this lovely place thru' the ship's over-priced tour.

Not sure it is over priced compared to alternatives from Coxen Hole unless it has gone up a lot recently. We have been back in the days of Fins snd Flippers AND Maya Key. I have to say I preferred the PAYG lunch back in the original days but compared to the alternatives I don’t think it is badly priced and is certainly convenient from Coxen Hole. Maybe not as advantageous from Mahogany but Fins and Flippers would have been a taxi ride away then as well.

Haven’t priced it recently but certainly hasn’t been developed and price consequently escalated like LFK.