El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Hi blue elephant do you still have my email address? if so could you please email me. I can't find yours.

Edit - I think I have managed to send you a friend request, hope it went through ok. I'm not good on the computer as you know.

I will have to check whether I still have emails from you on one of the older iPads, which Chris has just at the moment.:D:)

This is not an el cheapo post .... as yet. I was looking up the prices for the Celebrity Solstice cruise from Honolulu to Sydney on 1 October 2018.

The prices are anything but cheap at this stage, with lowest grade of unobstructed balcony sitting on $5501.

but ... there seems to be a lot of unsold balcony cabins - 63 in fact. I think this might be ripe for a major price drop in a while. I remember the Solstice got down to $130 AU per day for a balcony cabin either last year or the year before.

so keep a watch folks.

Seems to be a lot of unsold cabins for Celebrity on various cruises. Also a lot of other lines have a lot of cabins to move. I'm wanting to sail on the Golden Princess out of Melbourne for Xmas at there is a LOT of unsold cabins but I'm not paying $2,800 pp for inside cabin. So I wait and watch.

Seems to be a lot of unsold cabins for Celebrity on various cruises. Also a lot of other lines have a lot of cabins to move. I'm wanting to sail on the Golden Princess out of Melbourne for Xmas at there is a LOT of unsold cabins but I'm not paying $2,800 pp for inside cabin. So I wait and watch.

It maybe because there are so many ships heading out this way......there is soooooo much choice now for us. Which is a very good thing!!! But I agree that the prices are currently very high. Apart from P&O, I struggle to find too many cruise lines that advertise cruises for $100 per person per day anymore. A couple of years ago, they were very prevalent. Just an observation.

I wonder if the cruise lines have all got together over a coffee and decided to stop discounting cruises for the Australian public!. Last minute cruises may be the exception though.

I am watching a couple on the Majestic and they are also a little high for us, so we will "wait and watch" as well!!

Hi blue elephant do you still have my email address? if so could you please email me. I can't find yours.

Edit - I think I have managed to send you a friend request, hope it went through ok. I'm not good on the computer as you know.

I think we have managed to make email contact now. I was confused by the first email but hav now sorted it out. And my IT literacy is not good either. I was a Windows girl in the workplace and have not migrated to Apple very well at all in retirement.

Surely this would have to be a cruise first at this low price. Ex Sydney.

This 13 night Mediterranean Fly/Stay/Cruise holiday is going for an unheard of price – just $1799pp!

Departing 26 November 2018, this fabulously priced holiday will begin with flights from Australia to Barcelona, where you’ll enjoy a 2 night hotel stay before embarking on a 7 night cruise onboard MSC Meraviglia. You’ll visit Marseille, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo and Valletta before returning to Barcelona for another 1 night hotel stay before heading home.

This 13 night Mediterranean Fly/Stay/Cruise holiday is going for an unheard of price – just $1799pp!

Departing 26 November 2018, this fabulously priced holiday will begin with flights from Australia to Barcelona, where you’ll enjoy a 2 night hotel stay before embarking on a 7 night cruise onboard MSC Meraviglia. You’ll visit Marseille, Genoa, Civitavecchia, Palermo and Valletta before returning to Barcelona for another 1 night hotel stay before heading home.

Great price, however it is winter, e.g. 5c-11c in Barcelona in December.

I sent this one to my cruise friends as well this morning. I also had one person tell me "It's winter". Well lots of advantages to going in winter - I pointed out that Spain and Italy have christmas markets..... I would have done this if I weren't already booked for Austria and Germany at the same time.

I sent this one to my cruise friends as well this morning. I also had one person tell me "It's winter". Well lots of advantages to going in winter - I pointed out that Spain and Italy have christmas markets..... I would have done this if I weren't already booked for Austria and Germany at the same time.

Having done Europe in Winter before, that doesn't bother us. It is the flights and airlines that they might use and the time to get to Barcelona that bother me! Fantastic deal and had us thinking that is for sure.

If you are thinking of a Med cruise at sometime , it’s worth while to get onto the MSC mailing lst. They have an office in Sydney for cruising and come up with some great deals for Aussies and Kiwis.

If you are thinking of a Med cruise at sometime , it’s worth while to get onto the MSC mailing lst. They have an office in Sydney for cruising and come up with some great deals for Aussies and Kiwis.

Agreed. MSC Australia packages some very good packages of b2b cruises on different ships, with hotels and airfares. Great way to see the med and also experience MSC.

Agreed. MSC Australia packages some very good packages of b2b cruises on different ships, with hotels and airfares. Great way to see the med and also experience MSC.

They have some nice fly/cruise packages from Brazil to the Med and even up to Scandinavia.

• 2 weeks later...
P&O Pacific Explorer

X839 - A Taste of New Caledonia

13th August 2018 - 8 nights ex Sydney

Interior $549pp twin share

Oceanview $599pp twin share

This is good we paid $889 pp inside with $200 cabin obc I had paid in full so they said no chance of getting any extra obc or rebooking without a great loss

P&O Pacific Jewel

J839 - Pacific Island Hopper

9th September 2018 - 7 nights Ex Brisbane

Interior from $549.00 twin share

Oceanview from $803 twin share ?????

Balcony from $749 twin share.

P&O EOFY Sale until 30th June.

Why would anyone book an Oceanview at that price?

Radiance of the Seas

9 Feb 2020

34 days

Circumnavigation Australia and NZ

Guarantee Balcony

6D or 2D

Under $6,000.

that’s about $165 a night.

Seriously considering it.

GUT2407 agree that's tempting. I've just been on the RCI website and best I can come up with is (for 2) $7025 top end, and (for 2) $7994 bottom end. Not getting anything near like $6,000. May I ask where you were researching?

GUT2407 agree that's tempting. I've just been on the RCI website and best I can come up with is (for 2) $7025 top end, and (for 2) $7994 bottom end. Not getting anything near like $6,000. May I ask where you were researching?

I got an email from e online cruise agent, then contacted the agent I talk travel with who could do the same. So it may be limited.

that O site hasnt got any twins on the top end cruise unless you want the owners suite but on the bottom end

they have twin balconys for $3648 pp

you could do a twin oceanview for about $6000

Just snapped up a bargain from Melbourne.

Carnival Legend 4 nights to Tasmania 27th February 2019.

Guaranteed Balcony twin $391, triple $358, quad $342.

On that wonderful oz website, or slightly more expensive direct from Carnival.

Carnival website also has cheaper interiors and oceanview.

Edited by Relaxing Robbies
punctuation

Found inside cabins from $300pp. Departs on a Wednesday at 4pm and arrives back on a Sunday.

Tempted but I'm starting to build a new house that month.

Good find and thanks for sharing.

I just booked it as well. Have a day or so to try get the planets to align to make it happen before full payment is required.