Silver Spirit walk through Video - 3rd June at Greenwich

les37b

Thanks for takeing the time, great video. I am surprised to see how much of the Spirit looks just like the Muse down to the furniture. We are going on her end of October to Canada so booked one of those OV cabins on deck eight, too cold for a balcony. After all the negative talk your video gave me hope!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the fine video and photos, Les! Many of the venues seem to be better located than on the Muse. The outdoor stern areas seem larger, particularly the outdoor La Terrazza area, which was pretty cramped on the Muse. Also, I am very happy that they did not "Musify" the Venetian Lounge, as they did the Explorer's Lounge on the Cloud! Those lounges block the view of anyone sitting on the banquette behind occupied chairs. I look forward to being on the Spirit again, once the electrical problems have been solved.

I don't like how they've put a tarp over the open air back deck off the panorama lounge. I suppose this was to create more covered space in the event of rain since there are more passengers on the ship now. But, that open air deck in the evenings and on sail away was really nice. Too bad.

I suppose this was to create more covered space in the event of rain since there are more passengers on the ship now.

Your reasoning may be correct. But equally likely, IMHO, is the desire to provide more outdoor areas shaded from the sun. There are plenty of places on the ship to catch as many rays as one likes, but fewer to sit outdoors in the shade.

Your reasoning may be correct. But equally likely, IMHO, is the desire to provide more outdoor areas shaded from the sun. There are plenty of places on the ship to catch as many rays as one likes, but fewer to sit outdoors in the shade.

That's my thought also. Tors observation and the deck above give great sailway places in the sun and Im guessing if you like the sun, you want it open and if you dont, you want the shade. You cant please everyone. And no one wants to be out in the rain! (Well I dont anyway!)

What I would say, is the Stern has Panorama AND Arts Cafe with covered seating... so maybe its not an unreasonable point.

If only they were retractable covers so when it rains you could still use the area but leave it open on one of those decks when its sunny. I suspect thats been thought of already but not feasible. These new covers are very substantial.

Spinnaker2 - Thanks for the heads up about snags. I guess I'd put the table under the bed to avoid that problem.

Yes, that's a good idea, however in my verandah suite the luggage racks are under there, and usually my duffles.

The muse has the same tabletop issue.

I noticed the butlers don't like to take the tabletop out or put it back.

It's really not easily accessible.

And yes, I did get some snags. Perhaps if they the top in a cloth container it wouldn't snag.

Also it does stick out enough that one must angle the clothes on the rack.

It's the same on the Muse.

I am wondering what was done with all that great space in the closet in the silver suites!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I am wondering what was done with all that great space in the closet in the silver suites!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe they did away with one of the three doors! (LOL) Let's just hope that they didn't change the closets a la Muse which are not as functional.

Wonderful video and photos! We were in London that week and saw the Cloud moored on the Thames. Last sailed the Spirit in 2013 and as others have said, many changes - positive ones in my opinion. Thanks for getting us excited about the Spirit once again!

Cheers,

Rob

Wonderful video and photos! We were in London that week and saw the Cloud moored on the Thames. Last sailed the Spirit in 2013 and as others have said, many changes - positive ones in my opinion. Thanks for getting us excited about the Spirit once again!

Cheers,

Rob

You’re very wecolme Rob. Glad you enjoyed. I’ve never been on the Spirit prior to the stretch so can only say as I saw...and think you will love the Spirit. Virtually all reports suggest the same.