Are Taxi's Still Safe Transport on Cozumel?

wsantelope

Safer than renting a car or scooter or motorcycle. In places safer than walking.

Only options I know that have safer records are Bar Hop Bus and Tours Plaza, where you can hire your driver for the day. But these make since only if going to several places and having a distance to travel, especially to east side where return taxis are few and far between.

Taxis are safe and fairly well regulated (especially compared to the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) - fares will be posted on a board near the cab line (should be about $17 each way for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab). If you see the first cab has knotted or cut seat belts feel free to walk to the next cab in line that is properly maintained.

Taxis are safe and fairly well regulated (especially compared to the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) -

Har Har, don't get me started on my cab ride from Philly International to downtown. I was choking on the meter $ before even getting on the expressway. Only grabbed a taxi because I couldn't raise Uber via Philly airport wifi and forgot to bring my own myfi.