military discount

mcarbone2001

Our son books military rate and has done so for years. Other promos may work better for you but as active duty career military it works for him. NCL has always worked with him when it comes to rescheduling his cruises when he has an unexpected deployment.

Princess Cruise Lines gives a $50 OBC for less tan 7 day cruise, $100 OBC for 7-13 days, and $250 OBC for 14 days are longer. That is a good deal when compared to other cruise lines. You just need to send them a copy of your DD 214 once, and they keep if on file for future cruises. Also, if you are a Disabled Veteran, the two ports in Texas (Galveston & Houston) let you park there for free. You just show them your Disabled Veteran's Card, issued by the VA, when entering the port's parking lot.

My DH and I have over 55 years of combined service. We used to book with the military discount all the time before they cancelled the discount. Then when they finally brought it back, the number of cruises eligible for the discount was vastly reduced. Plus suites are no longer eligible for the military discount at all like they were in the past. Now we use the AARP rate more often than not.

Edited by peg013

So they give a less expensive rate to seniors & not our service men.

My DH and I have over 55 years of combined service. We used to book with the military discount all the time before they cancelled the discount. Then when they finally brought it back, the number of cruises eligible for the discount was vastly reduced. Plus suites are no longer eligible for the military discount at all like they were in the past. Now we use the AARP rate more often than not.

So they give a less expensive rate to seniors & not our service men.

Any age to be AARP member. Military discount on some intineraries. I don't know of any line with a permanent mil discount, just select itins. Princess always does OBC though

I was drafted into the Army on Dec. 7, 1970. You are right Arzeena, I wasn't thinking about trivial things, like discounts on cruises way back then. It is nice to be recognized now, with a cruise discount or an OBC, though. I proudly served 1 year 8 months and 29 days for our great country. It was not a very popular time, to be in any of the branches of the service then.

I recently read on a thread, AARP members get discount on cruise. Why not veterans discount? Other cruise lines off discount or on board credit to veterans.

AARP was the best $16.00 I ever spent. Using the AARP card has saved me some big $$$ on cruises and hotels, rental cars etc. There is no age requirement to join and I read here on CC where a 30 something did just that. He saved some big $$ on his cruise, hotel and some excursions.

I was drafted into the Army on Dec. 7, 1970. You are right Arzeena, I wasn't thinking about trivial things, like discounts on cruises way back then. It is nice to be recognized now, with a cruise discount or an OBC, though. I proudly served 1 year 8 months and 29 days for our great country. It was not a very popular time, to be in any of the branches of the service then.

And I served in the MC for 13 years, 8 months and 28 days beginning in 1961. No one need give me anything for that! Those that did their 20+ years deserve anything they are given as do those that are disabled. The cruise line takes care of our active duty service men and women and that is more than enough.

I agree . My husband was also in Viet Nam 67-67. It would be nice to be recognized now. Since when he came home he was told not to wear his uniform home. He also has developed cancer from Agent Orange. He proud served & is a true Patriot. Its not the discount but the gratitude.

USAA uses a TA that is not affiliated with USAA. They are the same as most other online TA's. Show rack rate and then their "discounted" rate. No special deals there. I just logged into their website and see the same prices as everywhere else.