BA news in NY

bones774

Here in NY, the local news channels are interviewing arriving passengers from the BA. Everyone complaining how it was the worst cruise of their lives, the Capt shouldn't have steered thru it, people sleeping all over the ship. Everyone looking for their big payday.

PS- they showed some pax videos, water streaming down interior staircase, it's amazing that it will be leaving as soon as tomorrow.

A few passengers said they slept through it. One passenger said it wasn’t that bad. I Have not seen any videos because I don’t do social media.

Blah blah.

Winter.....Atlantic Ocean.....Snow storms.....Mother Nature.

If they parked at Pier 88 I hope they all had snow shovels in their cars.

❄️[emoji948][emoji100][emoji57]

Wait. It was cold and miserable in the Northeast? In January? During a Nor’easter? This is news.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly... I had to shovel my driveway to get my car out of driveway... oh wait... maybe I should have booked a cruise instead...

I do sympathize with those who felt stressed due to the ongoing storm in the northeast but it really can't be blamed on NCL, as said before, IMO NCL did a good thing and made a good decision... sorry if it has been a bit of cockup for some... next time maybe book in the summer or... sorry no idea since sh*t just happens... Hope those getting off had a somewhat good cruise and those getting will have a good cruise... best of luck.

Really, only 20' to 30' seas for 2 days inside a 150,000 tonnage+ mega ship, in relative safety and they demand a refund for the expected roller coaster ride up in Haven. It's not a submarine with watertight seals so what's a little leaking & flooding in a major storm shown in the clip ... public area by the Outdoors, which is clearly locked & secured - nobody is going to get washed away by a massive wave.

At least, some of them got it right, stay on the lower deck, midship & slept in the atrium lobby. Imagine - if they've been instructed to put on their life vest and prepare to get into those "tiny" lifeboats ... abandon ship while at sea.

LOL presenting the story to arbitration for refund consideration.

If folks want a GUARANTEE of "calm conditions " they should explore the opportunities presented by an inflatable plastic 'raft' and use it in a backyard pool on a windless, sunny day in July or Aug. (in the northern hemisphere. of course )

Nice of these people to interview themselves.

I thought that was hysterical, too! I guess the deck flooding wasn't severe enough stop them from concocting and executing their social & mass media "let's get a refund" plan! It looked like one of the daughters (?) was about to break out in a laugh. They all looked dry and healthy to me. They should have thought it through and interviewed each other lying in a puddle on Deck 8. :')

Wow! You people are ruthless. You were not there and have no idea how bad it was. I was not there either but it appears to have been very scary and unpleasant. If the captain could have avoided it he should have. They were lucky. If the ship had sunk at sea you all would be screaming that NCL was horrible to decide to try to ride the storm out.

Not sure why everyone is bashing these people. We were not there! Obviously, they were frightened. I would be too. Many of the people on that ship were probably on their very first cruise and had no idea of their safety. Some of them are seasoned cruisers and knew better. This family felt threatened by this storm and it sure looks like it was a doozy. Not sure why the caption choose to ride into it. All that being said, not so sure this family has a case about getting a refund but who knows, maybe NCL will do something to appease them. We sail in 2 weeks and this is making me a bit nervous!

Cruising from NYC in winter. You should expect rough weather until you get to the latitude of the Florida Keys. Cold fronts get that far south and nor'easters along the coast are not that unusual in winter months. #graveyardoftheatlantic

All these naysayers who weren't on the ship but feel qualified to comment on what these passengers went through are incredibly ridiculous. Meanwhile they'd be soiling themselves if they lived it. I believe these people and if other ships stayed out of harms way the BA could have too.

All these naysayers who weren't on the ship but feel qualified to comment on what these passengers went through are incredibly ridiculous. Meanwhile they'd be soiling themselves if they lived it.

You are absolutely right!!!! I'd be worried to death about my safety and scared out of my mind!

The very LAST thing I would be doing is interviewing myself on my cell phone and worrying about a cruise refund.

I was on the Jewel several years ago and encountered 30 foot seas. My wife even had a display in the gift shop fall on her. There were lots of glass, plates and bottles broken.

It was an adventure, but what do you expect the cruise lines to do? There is a huge financial aspect to coming to port on time but they never (IMHO) put passengers lives and the ships in extreme danger to save some money. These people are experienced professional mariners operating state of the art ships and know the capabilities of the crafts.

You should look at ship tracking sites and you will see there are hundreds of ships in worse weather then was experienced here on a daily basis.

Mid Atlantic in the winter is always rough and much worse when there is a major storm so you should avoid it if you don’t like that possibility........ You wouldn’t stand on the edge of a 200’ cliff and look down if you are afraid of heights, would you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait. It was cold and miserable in the Northeast? In January? During a Nor’easter? This is news.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Considering that all the trouble happened Wednesday night, well before being back in the northeast, I guess your comment is cocky and irrelevant.

All kidding aside, sure, it was cold when we docked in NY Friday PM, and cold the day before too. Wed PM was when the capn followed the storm and we rode severely tilted for 8 hours, rooms flooded, water pouring down walls and stairs, broken glass everywhere imaginable.

But yeah, 48 hours later, it is still cold and miserable in the northeast in January, but that has nothing to do with anything.