Nov 2, 2018 Waiting to embark Oceania Insigna in Montreal

tuffygirl

Arrive 8am, claim your bags and be out of Customs 8:30/45, have breakfast, there's one cafe outside of arrivals and several upstairs on the public side of departures. Get a cab about 9:30, you're after rush hour so you'd be at the pier about 10:15. Drop the bags and stroll the old town shops half a block across the park promenade for an hour and a half. Find a 1700's building to have coffee in. It'll make a leisurely start to your cruise.

Bill

Arrive 8am, claim your bags and be out of Customs 8:30/45, have breakfast, there's one cafe outside of arrivals and several upstairs on the public side of departures. Get a cab about 9:30, you're after rush hour so you'd be at the pier about 10:15. Drop the bags and stroll the old town shops half a block across the park promenade for an hour and a half. Find a 1700's building to have coffee in. It'll make a leisurely start to your cruise.

Bill

Great pastry shop near the port: Maison Christian Faure for coffee and pastries.

Interesting Montreal Museum of Archaeology & History also in the same area.

Both will fill your morning and keep you awake!

Bill

Bill, I am going to the train (Amtrak) station when I get off the ship in Montreal. How far is it? I'm sure cabs will be available outside the pier. Thanks

Bill, I am going to the train (Amtrak) station when I get off the ship in Montreal. How far is it? I'm sure cabs will be available outside the pier. Thanks

you can walk it if you are fit but less than 10 mins in a taxi depending on traffic

https://www.amtrak.com/stations/mtr

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Grand+Quai,+200+de+la+Commune+St+W,+Montreal,+QC+H2Y+4B2/895+Rue+de+la+Gaucheti%C3%A8re+Ouest,+Montr%C3%A9al,+QC+H3B+4G1/@45.5000019,-73.5674074,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cc91af7929da63b:0x65b3239c25418ef6!2m2!1d-73.5507821!2d45.5026167!1m5!1m1!1s0x4cc91a5cb0bcd01f:0x8fdbd13be58df1ed!2m2!1d-73.5665231!2d45.5001134!3e0

Edited by LHT28