Specialty Dining Package Use in Restaurants That Have Changed to A La Carte Pricing

ChuckL

I just noticed that some of the specialty restaurants (Cagney’s, Moderno) have changed from a fixed price per person to a la carte pricing. Can the package plan still be used in those restaurants? I didn’t notice an exclusion or surcharge listed for them under Terms and Conditions. My question is for the Epic, but probably pertains fleet wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just noticed that some of the specialty restaurants (Cagney’s, Moderno) have changed from a fixed price per person to a la carte pricing. Can the package plan still be used in those restaurants? I didn’t notice an exclusion or surcharge listed for them under Terms and Conditions. My question is for the Epic, but probably pertains fleet wide.

Just as a clarification, Moderno is actually one that has stayed with a fixed cover charge (as has Teppenyaki). The main ones which moved from having a cover charge to a la carte are Cagneys, Le Bistro and La Cucina.

SDP FAQ (answers many questions)

There are a few other tidbits of info if you have any other questions.

The FAQ mentions an additional entree charge for Cagney’s and Le Bistro. Does this only apply if someone were to order more than one entree? That’s what confused me initially.

The FAQ mentions an additional entree charge for Cagney’s and Le Bistro. Does this only apply if someone were to order more than one entree? That’s what confused me initially.

Yes. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I have that information, I would like opinions on which you would be more likely to choose to celebrate a 38th wedding anniversary at and why; Le Bistro or Cagney’s? We enjoy both types of food offered at these restaurants, so I guess I’m looking at which would be the most “special”. I’d appreciate all the input I can get. Thanks!

Now that I have that information, I would like opinions on which you would be more likely to choose to celebrate a 38th wedding anniversary at and why; Le Bistro or Cagney’s? We enjoy both types of food offered at these restaurants, so I guess I’m looking at which would be the most “special”. I’d appreciate all the input I can get. Thanks!

Le Bistro - Because the room is kind of dark with candle lit up in the evening. It look more romantic for a dinner compared to Cagney's.

Le Bistro - Because the room is kind of dark with candle lit up in the evening. It look more romantic for a dinner compared to Cagney's.

It looks like the jury has come up with a unanimous decision of Le Bistro, so that’s where we’ll be. (That was the direction I was leaning towards before I asked. ) [emoji457]

celebrate a 38th wedding anniversary

Don't forget to book the anniversary CAKE as a surprise with the waitstaff crew sing-a-long !

"Let me call you sweetheart - - - - -" and congratulations !

Since you are on Epic, I would agree with Le Bistro.

If you were on any of the newer ships since Epic, I would say Cagney's. (On those ships, Le Bistro is a tiny closet, no windows to the ocean, and you are seated elbow to elbow with neighboring tables.)

Don't forget to book the anniversary CAKE as a surprise with the waitstaff crew sing-a-long !

Please don't tell me they would do that singing in Le Bistro...

I read this as certain entree choices will have surcharge.

And I have a question. A couple of seafood choices are “if xx is ordered (eg seafood plateau) then surcharge will be waived”. Does that mean you aren’t using sdp for that meal and you are paying full price ?

We actually had our Golden Wedding Anniversary in Cagney's sailing out of Buenos Aires a couple of years ago and they did a wonderful job but the singing was a "little" off key!! VBG

Generally we prefer Le Bistro just a little more than Cagney's.

We regularly book a cruise for our anniversary (35th this year), but have given up on the anniversary cake and having the waitstaff come out to sing. The cake is nothing to write home about (a small, square yellow cake with white frosting), and I figure the waitstaff have quite enough to do.

Package plan can be used: the a la carte was changed at least a year ago, but Modernos isn't one of them. It is still as it has always been.