low sodium diets

jopal

I am on a low sodium diet and wondering the type of food and taste of dining room and buffet food .I will be sailing on the Celebrity Summit to Burmuda on July 8 and would like to know to know if theres a special menu and will it be enjoyable I would appricate if anyone can inform me of the menus available in the dining room and buffet

In this case to have a better opportunity to have your questions addressed, I would suggest re-post this on the Celebrity board here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

I would also suggest that you may want to talk with Celebrity directly with andy dietary questions and they can best advise your options. With advance notice they will also try to accommodate and specific dietary needs.

Check the Celebrity FAQ page and also call their customer service.

In our experience, most cruise lines can accommodate special diets. Not certain about Celebrity, but other Lines we have sailed with, have a Head Waiter bringing you a menu a day early. You order meals a day in advance and they are cooked specially for you.

Why not bring a shaker of the salt substitute and you can 'salt' your food at the table if you think your meal needs it.

The problem isn't the salt shaker on the table. The problem is the large amounts of salt often put into dishes in the kitchen whether it's on a cruise or in a restaurant.

Check the Celebrity FAQ page and also call their customer service.

In our experience, most cruise lines can accommodate special diets. Not certain about Celebrity, but other Lines we have sailed with, have a Head Waiter bringing you a menu a day early. You order meals a day in advance and they are cooked specially for you.

Celebrity does this too. In 'Select' dining, it gets a little more logistically difficult. But, we always ask to be seated in the same section, with the waitstaff that knows about our low sodium requirements.