Best Caribbean ports for wheelchair/scooter?

illiniwahoo

I'm planning a cruise in late 2019. Are there any particular ports that are better for wheelchair and scooter users? Any specific excursions that were enjoyable? We will do Caribbean, but have just started looking at our options. I'd imagine that we should avoid tender ports.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have been to the majority of the ports in the Caribbean and found them all doable. Regardless, I am more adventurous than most and have been a few places many would not travel. I use a small mobility scooter.

Yes, you should avoid tender ports, except on Holland America and limited Royal Caribbean ships. I believe all Holland America ships have roll-on tenders and a few Royal Caribbean ships have the roll on tenders. Would suggest verifying before booking if you are looking at one of their itineraries.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

I have only encountered two difficulties. 1. Falmouth, Jamaica and Old San Juan, Puerto Rico. The reason being, both places have cobblestone ports. This makes it a little more difficult with a small scooter. Perhaps a bigger, more powerful one may fair better.