Cigar prices at Churchill's

ratflinger

Anybody know about onboard cigar prices?

I've actually found the prices to be not to bad...from memory the cubans are a good price, although I am comparing them to NZ prices which are heavily taxed...

• 2 weeks later...

As I remember the last time I was in Churchill's, the prices for cigars were comparable to prices of like cigars in London. The anti-smoking laws have made sure that smoking a cigar, and smoking in general are pricey habits. You probably won't find genuine Cubans on the T/A crossings though.

On my last TA round trip crossing last September Churchill’s offered no Cubans but had a nice selection and competitively priced. I am off to France in October and will pick up some Cubans for my TA round trip this April. We cannot buy Cubans here in America.

Thanks, IMHO Cubans tend to be over rated anyway plus the non-Cuban majors stepped up their game a few years back. Lots of quality non-Cubans out there. Starting out in Hamburg and I could pick up some there, but will probably just bring some from home and pick up a few on board.

I totally agree Cubans are overrated, but they are fun because they are forbidden and always make for good conversation onboard. Living just outside of Manhattan I get to run to the Nat Sherman store and lounge frequently and enjoy their better than Cuban selections.