Inconsistent Drink Package Inclusions

smellywax

Find this very strange as the description on the website clearly states Premium Coffees and Teas are included as per https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/classic-drinks-package/ and this line is near the bottom of the page Included Premium Teas & Coffees: Premium coffees & teas

Celebrity uses the words ‘premium’ and ‘specialty’ with no explanation of how they differ. Most reports I’ve read state that the difference involves a shot of added alcohol (eg kahlua). Fewer reports state that ‘specialty’ simply means that a shot of flavour has been added. Sadly, it seems the OP encountered the latter.

Me too. Believe it or not I've seen the same alcoholic beverage be available in one bar on the classic package but only available on the premium package on the same Eclipse sailing! .

Now why doesn’t this surprise me? :rolleyes:

My spouse does not drink alcoholic at all. Can I just order the Premium Package just for me?.

I always just upgrade myself to the Premium package - my mum, in the same stateroom, sticks to the Classic package. We always get the drinks package as perks but you can pay for a drinks package just for yourself.

Wendy

If it is clear on the website, I would go to the computer lab and print off a copy and take it to the pursor’s desk and fight for what you paid for. Fortunately we’ve never had a problem, but we always get the premium. Good luck!

I am sorry for the OP. I agree that future cruisers might print off a copy of the description of what is available in the package. That way perhaps you could at least (maybe) get some OBC compensation for a totally different experience onboard than what was on the website!

The Classic package is actually $55 pp per day, not $65, as some of you have stated. Regardless, I don’t see why it’s relevant to question the OP about his choice. He was sold something with the understanding that it included everything he wanted, and once on board, he was not given what he’d been promised. End of story.

OP, you have my empathy. I hope you’re able to get Celebrity to reimburse you.

I am confident that the OP “misspoke” when they say they purchased the package as the Classic package would have been an incorrect choice if one does not drink any alcoholic drink. Perhaps it was a “perk” included in the fare?

I would hope the package could be switched for the Premium non alcoholic package on board. I am very surprised that this option was not offered when the OP complained.

Great point about the inconsistently with what drinks are included. Premium coffee and tea drinks does not appear consistent. It cannot be too difficult to standardize on the definition.

Get the premium non alcohol package.

Smoothies are not covered by the classic alcohol package.

Question, trying to advise a friend. He doesn't drink alcohol but does drink cokes ALOT so thinking the non-alcohol drink package will be ok for him?

What about yogurt smoothies, if they're still at Spa Cafe? Are they included in either of the non-alcohol pkgs?

Thinking they might be better to use their GoBig promo for OBC and buy the non-alcohol drink pkg?:confused:

Question, trying to advise a friend. He doesn't drink alcohol but does drink cokes ALOT so thinking the non-alcohol drink package will be ok for him?

What about yogurt smoothies, if they're still at Spa Cafe? Are they included in either of the non-alcohol pkgs?

Thinking they might be better to use their GoBig promo for OBC and buy the non-alcohol drink pkg?:confused:

Premium non-alcohol pkg included Smoothies in the last list I saw dated 5/15/18 http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

The actual X website still says $69 a day and not $81 as listed in the promo. Did the price ever go up to $81? I am wondering if I should purchase a package now while it still says $69, incase it changes soon. Any info would be helpful.

Unless something has changed since May 15 premium coffees and teas are included in the Classic Alcohol Package. Frozen drinks like a Pina Colada are also included. There is a $9.00 max on the price.

If by frozen drinks you mean the Smoothies then those are not included and you would need the Premium Package for those. Here’s a link to the list from May 15 when they raised the price of the premium package. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

Hope this helps!

The actual X website still says $69 a day and not $81 as listed in the promo. Did the price ever go up to $81? I am wondering if I should purchase a package now while it still says $69, incase it changes soon. Any info would be helpful.

They add in 18% gratuity to the beverage packages, at the time of purchase.

Sometimes even the servers and bartenders don't seem to know what is included in the package, based on our experience on the Summit last week. On the first night my husband and I got two bottles of non-premium, no-name water from Al Bacio. When I checked our account I was surprised to see that we were charged for them. I just assumed that Celebrity had started to charge for water. However, when I went to our account later I noticed that the price for one of the bottles had been refunded, but not the second one, which led me to believe that water was, indeed, included. (Why the second bottle was not refunded I'll never know. I had to go to guest services to have it removed and the person behind the desk had a great deal of trouble with this request. She seemed to think that I had bought the $5.50+18% gratuity bottle of Evian that was in our cabin, although my account clearly states Al Bacio and the amount was $4.13.)

Another example of cluelessness: my husband wanted a gin and tonic and asked the bartender if Tanqueray is included. That bartender said yes, but his colleague said no. (My tip to you: go with the answer that works for you.)

Sometimes even the servers and bartenders don't seem to know what is included in the package, based on our experience on the Summit last week. On the first night my husband and I got two bottles of non-premium, no-name water from Al Bacio. When I checked our account I was surprised to see that we were charged for them. I just assumed that Celebrity had started to charge for water. However, when I went to our account later I noticed that the price for one of the bottles had been refunded, but not the second one, which led me to believe that water was, indeed, included. (Why the second bottle was not refunded I'll never know. I had to go to guest services to have it removed and the person behind the desk had a great deal of trouble with this request. She seemed to think that I had bought the $5.50+18% gratuity bottle of Evian that was in our cabin, although my account clearly states Al Bacio and the amount was $4.13.)

Another example of cluelessness: my husband wanted a gin and tonic and asked the bartender if Tanqueray is included. That bartender said yes, but his colleague said no. (My tip to you: go with the answer that works for you.)

When even the servers are confused, it’s definitely time Celebrity simplified their sorting criteria.

It's fine if they want to do a beer/wine/coffee package (not sure what other lines do that) but where it gets complicated is the liquors. I think most other lines now have just one simple alcohol package that includes all of the liquors under a certain dollar amount (of course includes the rest of the offerings as well). Makes it a lot easier for everyone - but is probably a little more cost prohibitive.

Understand it can be frustrating. We've never had an issue but have't sailed in 2 years - that will change in under 2 month :)

What amuses me is how many people quote the website as to what is included. But on the other hand just look at how many people say how bad the website is and you really can't believe what is on it, and have examples.

I'm curious about the brands on the Standard Alcohol package. The website list doesn't specify brands. Do they stock cheaper brands, Popov Vodka for instance? Or does it mean you have to take whatever the bartender gives you, but they are typically Classic brands. I don't imagine they're serving bathtub gin. :tropical-drink::beer-mug::wine-glass:

The classic package covers drinks up to and including $9. Frozen drinks like mudslide, pina colada, etc.are definitely covered. Just had a mudslide last week on Equinox with classic alcohol package. If the desired coffees are over $9 they would not be covered. I'll bet the staff at Cafe al Baccio knows what is covered and what is not.

Was on the Eclipse in July. Had a mudslide several days and it was covered with the Classic plan. The last two days, a $2.11 charged showed up on our account for each mudslide. Went to Guest services to correct. They stated that their computer showed the charged as a "misty mud". No one knew what that was... The next day, the same thing happened. Even the bartenders had no idea about the "misty mud". I guess it was a computer problem??

I'm curious about the brands on the Standard Alcohol package. The website list doesn't specify brands. Do they stock cheaper brands, Popov Vodka for instance? Or does it mean you have to take whatever the bartender gives you, but they are typically Classic brands. I don't imagine they're serving bathtub gin. :tropical-drink::beer-mug::wine-glass:

I’ll try to get you an answer tonight...currently on the eclipse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The standard package includes almost unbranded, lower shelf brands that you’ve never heard of..the bartender showed me the bottles....so yes they do have very cheap brand liquor for the standard package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums