Live from eclipse 8/18 Baltic

ghstudio

Best embarkation we’ve ever had...arrived at 11:15 and I think we were on the ship by 11:30. Acces to To cabins at 1 luggage arrived around 3pm. Reasonably priced wine available after you check in, before the ship so you can buy a couple of bottles if you want. Amsterdam is a great cruise embarkation point.

Muster drill...CHANGE...the folks in hq are trying to make muster drill more interesting. They announce the muster drill 30 minutes before over the PA system... and then in that same announcement they read the entire text of the old muster drill...talk about children’s wrist bands etc...all the old stuff they used to say in the old muster drill....all of this while folks are walking around, talking, not listening. Then you go to the muster drill where they play a new movie, explaining the emergency procedures in a, I guess hq thinks, humorous film. Honestly, most around us, all of us standing found it pointless....and not really anything that will help in case of emergency. Nothing wrong with the old muster drill....but someone obviously had some money to waste. You may like the new style....I guess it’s cuter. If you really wanted to know what to do, I hope you listened to that “pre muster drill” announcement.

Our last cruise on the reflection, they offered some “off the menu” specials at dinner (mdr). They aren’t doing that on this cruise...however, they have official buffet specials tied to our ports...for example sausage selections in Germany or special waffles in Belgium...one features ceviche. Nice improvement.

Select dining at 7:15- no line..in fact there weren’t even enough to have a dine with others table...so we had a 2 top right by the window. Excellent service...the usual mushroom soup, prime rib and apple pie a la mode....all very good.

Entertainment....singer/impersonator in the theater. In the interest of remaining positive here, I won’t say more.

Captain Leo....very funny, great communicator. The entire executive team came to the CC connection party...a great opportunity to meet them, ask questions, etc. Many apparently follow cruise critic [emoji4]

As always all the celebrity folks, the staff,are very friendly and smile...they make you feel at home.

Vibration: Apparently there is some combination of engines, speeds, wave direction that can cause more vibrations around the ship. Last night at 10pm our cabin floor had very noticeable vibration but nothing was rattling...you just felt the vibration. This morning, no extra vibration at all. We are on the same Baltic cruise as the folks who had such bad problems on the cruise just before ours. All I can report is that if there is a terrible vibration problem, it’s limited to a small area. We are midship on deck 10.

There is a TajX Indian dinner held one night in the sushi restaurant (I think)...$45pp. We may try it.

We have unlimited internet so I’ll check back and try to answer any questions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best looking buffet lunch I’ve seen on a celebrity ship. Great selection of cakes, pies, cupcakes, apple crumble and more for dessert. Reasonable assortment of cheeses. Carving turkey and much much more. Hint: if you like spicy peppers on your salad, the pasta station has jalapeños....for pickles go to the hamburgers. Seating, as always is difficult.

Aqua spa cafe has a fixed menu with about 20 small plates. Hot sweet potato soup (terrible...but likely just prepared wrong..it was bitter). Other dishes were quite good.

Ocean view cafe specials lunch/dinner

American bbq/gourmet burgers

Stuffed meatloaf/taste of Germany

Taste of Scotland/delicatessen

Falafel and kebab/burrito corner

Taste of India/savory crepes

Taste of Russia/panini station

Taste of Finland/ceviche corner

Taste of Sweden/salmon Wellington

/Apple strudel station

pub and pies/Bruschetta station

gourmet corner/sweet crepes station

Extravaganza buffet/Belgian waffle corner

Thanks so much for your review. If you hear of any areas that vibrate too much, later in the cruise, let us know. We will be on deck 6 midship in a couple of months and hope we will be spared. Have a great cruise!

So pleased you are enjoying your cruise. We cruised twice on Eclipse last year and loved our experience. We cruise on her again next month.

Captain Leo is lovely....we enjoyed his morning reports which always had humour injected. We were lucky enough to dine with him, a really memorable meal. Loved at the end of the cruise he thanked all guests individually for cruising as they disembarked. If possible could you find out if he will still be on board at the end of September? Also who the Captains Club host and Michael’s concierge are....Don’t worry if you can’t....It is just nice to meet old friends!

Continue to enjoy your cruise....

Best looking buffet lunch I’ve seen on a celebrity ship. Great selection of cakes, pies, cupcakes, apple crumble and more for dessert. Reasonable assortment of cheeses. Carving turkey and much much more. Hint: if you like spicy peppers on your salad, the pasta station has jalapeños....for pickles go to the hamburgers. Seating, as always is difficult.

Aqua spa cafe has a fixed menu with about 20 small plates. Hot sweet potato soup (terrible...but likely just prepared wrong..it was bitter). Other dishes were quite good.

Ocean view cafe specials lunch/dinner

American bbq/gourmet burgers

Stuffed meatloaf/taste of Germany

Taste of Scotland/delicatessen

Falafel and kebab/burrito corner

Taste of India/savory crepes

Taste of Russia/panini station

Taste of Finland/ceviche corner

Taste of Sweden/salmon Wellington

/Apple strudel station

pub and pies/Bruschetta station

gourmet corner/sweet crepes station

Extravaganza buffet/Belgian waffle corner

How did you find out the specials for the entire cruise?

Also is it true that you can see the MDR menus for the whole cruise via the interactive TV?

There is a tv outside oceanview cafe that shows the specials...one by one. I took a picture of each one so I could post the info.

Haven’t checked the tv for menus

The Indian dinner is in the sushi restaurant...$45 adjusted for any captains club discount so we’ll get 15% off. I probably could have waited and negotiated a better deal, but it’s only done one night and we’d like to try it, so I just booked the meal.

Usually when there is a port stop, celebrity hands out a map....no map today in Rostock. I wonder if that’s a cost saving item or it’s tied to the shopping talks and kickbacks in the Caribbean and elsewhere.

Someone must be reading this thread on board....today we had pepperocini, cherry peppers and mixed pickled vegetables for the salad....wonderful..thank you.

Rostock is a commercial port. Eating lunch back on the ship we saw wind turbine blades stacked for shipment or installation. You just don’t realize how long each blade is until you see a car parked right next to one. They are huge

Our last cruise on the reflection, they offered some “off the menu” specials at dinner (mdr). They aren’t doing that on this cruise...

Believe I mentioned this before... For a time, Celebrity was testing anticipated menu additions on some ships for potential introduction in the four themed Main Dining Rooms on Edge [and, I was told at the time, for possible menu changes on the other ships after Edge launches]... When I last sailed Celebrity in May/June, I was told that the evaluation of new menu items--based upon guest ordering patterns/feedback--had been completed...

Yes, the mdr menus for the entire cruise can be viewed on your cabin tv. They also tell you which menu they are using each day. I believe they have 14 standard menus so there is no duplication on a 14 night cruise.

The order of the menus on our cruise is:

1 2 3 7 5 10 4 8 11 6 12 9

I am sure someone must have posted copies of the menus somewhere....most likely without the numbers....so here is the first entree on each

1-seared salmon

2-shrimp scampi

3-roasted trout

7-sautéed tilapia filet

5-Cajun spiced drum fish

10-almond crusted hake

4-seared branzino

8-broiled Australian sea bass

11-crab crusted flounder

6-herb crusted haddock filet

12-grilled snapper filet

9-Atlantic pollock

2,7 and 6 are sea days....6 is the lobster tails menu.

We were on the British Isles 12-night between the OP's sailing and the previous Baltic. I did not feel the vibrations in our aft cabin on Deck 11, nor did I feel it anywhere below 14. But in Oceanview, it is VERY pronounced. The floor shakes, cups rattle at the beverage stations, and there are points where the vibration caused an overpressure in my ears. It was not unbearable, but anyone who didn't feel it has to have been clinically dead. The "Vibration Zone" was between the pizza station and the serving tables opposite of it and all the way across the ship. It did not seem to matter if we were in motion or docked, as we ate there in both situations. Seas were almost flat all but the last couple of days, so that wasn't it. It was also present without regard to speed; they had the hammer down between some ports and the last sea day, we were crawling along about 10 kts. The vibrations were the same, no matter the variables.

There is a tv outside oceanview cafe that shows the specials...one by one. I took a picture of each one so I could post the info.

Haven’t checked the tv for menus

The Indian dinner is in the sushi restaurant...$45 adjusted for any captains club discount so we’ll get 15% off. I probably could have waited and negotiated a better deal, but it’s only done one night and we’d like to try it, so I just booked the meal.

Usually when there is a port stop, celebrity hands out a map....no map today in Rostock. I wonder if that’s a cost saving item or it’s tied to the shopping talks and kickbacks in the Caribbean and elsewhere.

Someone must be reading this thread on board....today we had pepperocini, cherry peppers and mixed pickled vegetables for the salad....wonderful..thank you.

Rostock is a commercial port. Eating lunch back on the ship we saw wind turbine blades stacked for shipment or installation. You just don’t realize how long each blade is until you see a car parked right next to one. They are huge

When you are in Rostock you have to go to Rostock-Warnemuende which is actually the entrance from the sea through the river to Rostock harbour. A wonderful old and very traditional place with lots of old captains houses and fisher boats along the old river where you can buy fish bread rolls directly from the boat. And not to talk about the beach, lighthouse etc.

Just returned form an 11 day cruise of the Baltic Region on the Regal Princess. It seems that either Celebrity or Princess are excellent choices. The only complaint we had was the weather, in the high 90's for most of our stops.

We were on the British Isles 12-night between the OP's sailing and the previous Baltic. I did not feel the vibrations in our aft cabin on Deck 11, nor did I feel it anywhere below 14. But in Oceanview, it is VERY pronounced. The floor shakes, cups rattle at the beverage stations, and there are points where the vibration caused an overpressure in my ears. It was not unbearable, but anyone who didn't feel it has to have been clinically dead.

If I were clinically dead, I would be on holland American :)

There is no excess vibration on our cruise in that area,

If I were clinically dead, I would be on holland American :)

There is no excess vibration on our cruise in that area,

Hi Ghstudio,

This vibration thing on this ship really keep me worried as there are a few cruisers posted about this issue.

I will be on the Transatlantic on this ship,would you please find out yourself for me or from the cruisers while you are there.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Ghstudio,

This vibration thing on this ship really keep me worried as there are a few cruisers posted about this issue.

I will be on the Transatlantic on this ship,would you please find out yourself for me or from the cruisers while you are there.

Thank you in advance.

Give me a cabin number and I will stand outside and see if there is a vibration..

Just off the Eclipse and the Ireland/Scotland/England tour. Lots of fun. Be sure to check out the Hot Glass Show, it was so much fun. I made an ornament, it was heavy, but it made it home without a mishap. It was fun to watch others make their project. The pro glass blowers help you at every step and explained what to do and why. It was a great experience.

The vibrations were felt in the Ocean View Café (deck 14) every day. But I didn't notice them in our cabin midship Deck 8. Was assured by officers that the ship was safe and to not worry. Have a great cruise.

Just off the Eclipse and the Ireland/Scotland/England tour. Lots of fun. Be sure to check out the Hot Glass Show, it was so much fun. I made an ornament, it was heavy, but it made it home without a mishap. It was fun to watch others make their project. The pro glass blowers help you at every step and explained what to do and why. It was a great experience.

The vibrations were felt in the Ocean View Café (deck 14) every day. But I didn't notice them in our cabin midship Deck 8. Was assured by officers that the ship was safe and to not worry. Have a great cruise.

We were on the same cruise as you and apparently there were some problems on Deck 8 with location variations. We had breakfast with a fellow cc poster and she said her cabin on 8 was so bad it made her husband ill. They were moved to an inside cabin for that night and were later moved to a comparable cabin where they had no problems....take notice that the ship had quite a few empty cabins on the aforementioned cruise so a cabin change was not a big issue but if the ship is full there's not much they can do. We were on the aft bump on deck 10 and had no problems with vibration. I only had b-fast once in Ocean View and didn't notice anything there either. Seas were very calm considering the reputations of the North Sea area. There was one day that was a teeny bit rough but not enough to really notice unless you're really sensitive.

We were on the same cruise as you and apparently there were some problems on Deck 8 with location variations. We had breakfast with a fellow cc poster and she said her cabin on 8 was so bad it made her husband ill. They were moved to an inside cabin for that night and were later moved to a comparable cabin where they had no problems....take notice that the ship had quite a few empty cabins on the aforementioned cruise so a cabin change was not a big issue but if the ship is full there's not much they can do. We were on the aft bump on deck 10 and had no problems with vibration. I only had b-fast once in Ocean View and didn't notice anything there either. Seas were very calm considering the reputations of the North Sea area. There was one day that was a teeny bit rough but not enough to really notice unless you're really sensitive.

I am on Eclipse now. Our cabin is on Deck 8 midships. No noticeable vibrations. At sea today and there is very little vibration anywhere I have been this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just stood outside the door of 2155 and felt no unusual vibration. All cabins on ships have a little vibration and 2155 seems “normal”. I am currently sitting in the Tuscan Grill, deck 5 back of ship and there is far more vibration here. I wouldn’t worry about 2155.....