Reservations at La ReserveHas anyone els

lgm8644

We are booked on 3 b2b cruises starting Sept. 15, 2018 and I am still not able to make reservations at La Reserve. We’re in an Oceania suite and I was told we could book reservations at 90 days. I've called Oceania twice and they keep telling "any day now." Should I be able to make reservations by now?

From my experience (although my memory may be faulty here) I have been able to make La Reserve reservations long before the regular specialty restaurant reservations were available. The 90 day requirement shouldn't be in play ... or so I would think. And I don't think your room category is pertinent where La Reserve is concerned.

Maybe they don't have the dates and menus determined yet?

We made our La Reserve reservation on our May 2018 Riviera cruise in December 2017. About two months before departure they called me to say the date had to be changed. We were on a B2B and they shifted us from the first leg to the second leg. No problem there ... until they lost our reservation.

But that's another story ... Never happened before and they made it up to us!

Mura

La Reserve is different than any other restaurant..There is no set time you can book them, it is when they decide to set the dates of the dinners for that cruise..not to worry

Jancruz1

I just did a real search of when we booked La Reserve for our May cruise, and it appears that it was in December. That was well in advance of booking the specialties, but it may well change from cruise to cruise ...

For the heck of it I looked to see if I could book anything for my April 2019 cruise on Marina. Nope! Far too early. They don't even show the post-cruise hotel options yet (not that I'd book through Oceania, but it would be interesting to see what hotels they are using for the post cruise portion!) Since I live in the departure port (NYC), clearly I don't need a hotel here ...

Mura

They don't even show the post-cruise hotel options yet (not that I'd book through Oceania, but it would be interesting to see what hotels they are using for the post cruise portion!) Since I live in the departure port (NYC), clearly I don't need a hotel here ...

Mura

They are showing the Rubens

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/transatlantic-cruises/new-york-to-london-MNA190405/hotels/post/?sr=%2fcruise-finder%2f%23sailDates%3d2019%7c04%23ships%3dMNA#hotel-LON016

We are booked on 3 b2b cruises starting Sept. 15, 2018 and I am still not able to make reservations at La Reserve. We’re in an Oceania suite and I was told we could book reservations at 90 days. I've called Oceania twice and they keep telling "any day now." Should I be able to make reservations by now?

To give you an overview of what is happening here:

1) The 90 day reservations window refers to your ships four Specialty Restaurants, Polo, Toscana, Red Ginger and Jacques.

2) La Reserve, though it does serve food, is not considered to be a Restaurant, it is a Wine venue.

3) Unlike the Restaurants, La Reserve will likely NOT be open for every night of your Cruise.

4) As soon as it is decided which evenings La Reserve will be open, reservations will be offered for sale on the website.

5) One pays for La Reserve reservations at the time of purchase.

How interesting, Lyn. I literally went to the website to search this information just before posting my comment and they said no info was available yet!

But as I said, we've never booked a hotel through Oceania because the rates are so outrageous. OTOH, this time I should be a solo passenger so paying per person might not be so bad!

Just joking, I'll probably stay with a friend in London or look for a B&B.

Mura

P.S. I think $500/night is beyond my budget for 5 nights in London ...

This question re booking La Reserve came up on the other La Reserve discussion a few topics down the page.

As was mention there and a couple of posts above, the individual legs of the B2B have the reservations available, but O seem to keep forgetting to permit the B2B Booking Refs to access the system.

P.S. I think $500/night is beyond my budget for 5 nights in London ...

And about twice the price you can book it for online for May next year ;that's if if it is the Rubens in London (thought it looked wrong and was nosey so I checked)

I'm aware that there are many who prefer the "safety" of booking through the cruiseline but I'm not one of them. Although we have several times stayed at an "Oceania" hotel, but we booked it direct with the hotel at less than half the price.

Mura

This question re booking La Reserve came up on the other La Reserve discussion a few topics down the page.

As was mention there and a couple of posts above, the individual legs of the B2B have the reservations available, but O seem to keep forgetting to permit the B2B Booking Refs to access the system.

Yeah--once I called in, it was fixed for B2B within 24 hours. Suggest you call in.

Also, recall that Cuisine Bourgeoise never shows up on website but can often be booked over the phone.

To quote Brel...

Les Bourgeois, c'est come les cochons,

Plus ça devient vieux, plus ça devient bête...

As per others, this could be a website bug. Or maybe there really is none on offer. But it is uncertain.

I booked a 14 day that later was sold as 2x7. I learned that La Reserve only visible for the 7 day segments. Once I reported it a "Supervisor" had La Reserve made available later in the day to our itinerary.

But customers should not have to repeatedly call. Being as others have reported this on their itineraries O should have their web folks check and proactively fix this rather that wait until customers come across the error. And how does one know there is a problem by its absence. I would not have known if it was not for CC.

And for us only the two originals menus we listed. We are not booking and certainly not phoning again to see if one of the others is available via phone. *IF* one of the others is available once on board then will consider. If sold out then that's what it is. If an evening gets cancelled due to lack of numbers (and this does happen) then sorry for those that did book, and pay and looking forward to the event but this uncertainty is all on O.

I'm aware that there are many who prefer the "safety" of booking through the cruiseline but I'm not one of them. Although we have several times stayed at an "Oceania" hotel, but we booked it direct with the hotel at less than half the price.

Mura

Hello, Mura. You are right on about cruiseWhen hotel prices. We like Intercontinentals and pick them whenever we can. We noticed that it was O's choice for the 2015 trans Panama Canal trip, from LA to Miami. We also booked there, paying a reasonable price. We were upgraded to a suite with included breakfast. We stayed a few days before embarkation, and met several passengers on our last night who were on O's package. They were in standard rooms at more than double our price. Breakfast was included, as was bus transport to the port. Even with the Uber charge to San Pedro, about a 28 mile drive, our cost was less than half of theirs. We really loved that cruise.

Mary