Something seems odd....

holomuku

We are booked on the Insignia Cuba trip on Dec. 7th. I checked a few days ago and there were over 20 Concierge Class cabins available, and several PH suites. Today everything is sold except for one PH and the OS. Doesn't it seem strange that so many cabins would be booked in such a short time? I googled "groups, Insignia, Dec. 7th" thinking maybe that was what happened. Couldn't find anything. Any other thoughts?

We are booked on the Insignia Cuba trip on Dec. 7th. I checked a few days ago and there were over 20 Concierge Class cabins available, and several PH suites. Today everything is sold except for one PH and the OS. Doesn't it seem strange that so many cabins would be booked in such a short time? I googled "groups, Insignia, Dec. 7th" thinking maybe that was what happened. Couldn't find anything. Any other thoughts?

20 cabins is nothing, I've seen the entire ship fill up in one day.

This far out, it may also be Travel Agent(s) holding group space, but we civilians won't ever know those details.

That's the danger in hoping for the chance of an upgrade on such a small ship ;p

Thanks for the thoughts- just seemed odd to me so many cabins would book so quick. Perhaps you're correct- it's a travel agent holding space. Even if it was a group, at 20 some cabins that would be (probably) 40-50 people so I don't think (hope) they would be taking over the ship.

Not hoping for an upgrade- we've snagged the CC 6090 which has a large aft balcony. Had the same cabin on Azamara and loved it! I was surprised it was available when I booked a few days ago.

Thanks for the thoughts- just seemed odd to me so many cabins would book so quick. Perhaps you're correct- it's a travel agent holding space. Even if it was a group, at 20 some cabins that would be (probably) 40-50 people so I don't think (hope) they would be taking over the ship.

Not hoping for an upgrade- we've snagged the CC 6090 which has a large aft balcony. Had the same cabin on Azamara and loved it! I was surprised it was available when I booked a few days ago.

Many times these "special" cabins are not as popular as many people think they are. I've been offered one there at the back with the large balcony at a very good upsell price. That would mean no one wanted it at a regular price.

Same for the PH large wrap around balcony on the O ships.

My TA got a special invite for a ( essentially free) cruise a couple years back along with other OCC TAs. They ended up with special events, diners, etc, just for them.

One never knows what Oceania may opt to do to fill rooms, nor when. Just Boom! One day a bunch of cabins disappear. Book a cabin you’re happy with . It’ll solve any disappointment later.

Edited by pinotlover