new sailings past july 2020

nancyshaw

any guesses when they come out...I called O, got someone who was mad that I even asked the question....no reason to get mad...just be glad there is interest....

Figure September of this year. Whenever it is, act fast. I recently booked a multi-segment (Singapore-Hong Kong-Tokyo) piece of the 2020 world cruise and I got the last B1/B2 cabin available (at the time of booking onboard).

Prices are scheduled to go up July 1, so that may affect how quickly things are grabbed up in September. If nominally, then no prob, but if outrageously as Celeb has done, then bookings may be slower.

Especially with uncertainty of upward fuel prices O's prices on non competitive itineraries will go up.

Considered an April O 2020 cruise, but took a pass. We have 2 2019 O cruises booked, but the wife informs me 2020 is going to be the year for Lindblad/ National Geo and some destinations O doesn’t do.

The OCA aboard an earlier cruise predicted accurately that O wouldn’t do a Japan circum in 2020, and he doubted 2021 either. Looks as if that itinerary will be another line also! With a few river cruises still on the bucket list ( we’are doing one in September), after 2019 Oceania may be sliding off the Agenda for a few years unless they freshen up the itineraries more.

The OCA aboard an earlier cruise predicted accurately that O wouldn’t do a Japan circum in 2020.....

How do you know that it was an accurate prediction - is the entire 2020 schedule out?

FWIW....and acknowledging it isn't a circumnav of Japan, here is a portion of ATW2020 itinerary on Insignia....some of these are considered 'new' ports for O.

Jun 5 Fri Nagasaki, Japan

Jun 6 Sat Kagoshima, Japan

Jun 7 Sun Hiroshima, Japan

Jun 8 Mon Kyoto (Kobe), Japan

Jun 9 Tue Kyoto (Kobe), Japan

Jun 10 W Shimizu, Japan

Jun 11 Thu Tokyo, Japan

Jun 12 Fri Tokyo, Japan

Jun 13 Sat Oarai, Japan

Jun 14 Sun Cruising the Pacific Ocean

Jun 15 Mon Aomori, Japan

Jun 16 Tue Hakodate, Japan

FWIW....and acknowledging it isn't a circumnav of Japan, here is a portion of ATW2020 itinerary on Insignia....some of these are considered 'new' ports for O.

Jun 5 Fri Nagasaki, Japan

Jun 6 Sat Kagoshima, Japan

Jun 7 Sun Hiroshima, Japan

Jun 8 Mon Kyoto (Kobe), Japan

Jun 9 Tue Kyoto (Kobe), Japan

Jun 10 W Shimizu, Japan

Jun 11 Thu Tokyo, Japan

Jun 12 Fri Tokyo, Japan

Jun 13 Sat Oarai, Japan

Jun 14 Sun Cruising the Pacific Ocean

Jun 15 Mon Aomori, Japan

Jun 16 Tue Hakodate, Japan

That’s a pretty good itinerary for Japan.

Yeah Paulchili--one of the reasons we signed up for ATW20 was the Japanese portion of the itinerary. Then on to Kamchatka, over to the Aleutians, bunch of Alaska ports and home to San Fran.

the other part that grabbed our attention was the almost circumnav of South America and then over to some new west Africa ports.

I realize that OP entitled the thread 'sailings past July 2020' but I wanted to point out that that O was going to Japan in 2020.

As soon as the segments appeared on O's website many people signed up for those 2 segments; one doesn't have to do the whole 180 day cruise to cruise areas that they are interested in.

I'm hopeful that O will see how much interest there is in Japan and will now offer more cruises there.

On ATW16 some of us met with an O rep from Miami while on board and offered suggestions of itinerary changes we'd like to see in the future--and one of the suggestions was to do more ports in Japan.

Another was to visit Cuba!!! And a third was to circumnav SAmerica--we feel that they listened to us!!! Heck, we even had a power point presentation for the O rep!!!

As soon as the segments appeared on O's website many people signed up for those 2 segments; one doesn't have to do the whole 180 day cruise to cruise areas that they are interested in.

I'm hopeful that O will see how much interest there is in Japan and will now offer more cruises there.

On ATW16 some of us met with an O rep from Miami while on board and offered suggestions of itinerary changes we'd like to see in the future--and one of the suggestions was to do more ports in Japan.

Another was to visit Cuba!!! And a third was to circumnav SAmerica--we feel that they listened to us!!! Heck, we even had a power point presentation for the O rep!!!

Terrific.

Now, if they'll only listen to the rest of us who want a circumnavigation of Sicily with outlying central Med islands and a start or end in Rome.

Flatbush Flyer & Vaitape--

I think there are corporate people who read these threads or at least people who know corporate people and can get our ideas to them, especially if they think it is a good itinerary.

So once again let's have a thread where we encourage new itineraries from O cruisers--go for it you 2--get that Sicily & Japan circumnav. listed