Oceania specials

palakika

O has posted some cruise specials including all amenities with offer expiring July 16. Also another "ultimate"special. When I click on the offers only get a blank page saying "special offers" but nothing else. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Francie

O has posted some cruise specials including all amenities with offer expiring July 16. Also another "ultimate"special. When I click on the offers only get a blank page saying "special offers" but nothing else. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Francie

Where are you seeing this? is it on O website or a special email offer?

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/

or is it a TA site ?

When I click on "special offers" it routes me to the Canadian site (prices in CAD )

but nothing like you mentions shows up there

Edited by LHT28

Thanks for responding. This is very interesting. I have O on my favorites and that's where the specials pop up. It did not come as an email. When I reenter oceaniacruises.com on internet, it doesn't appear. So maybe it does have to do with the O club specials. Maybe they expect that I or my TA would call them.

Francie

When I logged into the Oceania site from the Amsterdam airport recently, it showed me European pricing even thought I went to the .com site. They offer the OLife Ultimate package over there on what seemed like all cruises and there was also something that allowed you to pick 2 OLife perks instead of one (I can't remember or find the name). Interesting that they package it differently there. I did not think to save the pricing to see how it compared to the US but I wonder if it's available on some EU travel agency site.

When I logged into the Oceania site from the Amsterdam airport recently, it showed me European pricing even thought I went to the .com site. They offer the OLife Ultimate package over there on what seemed like all cruises and there was also something that allowed you to pick 2 OLife perks instead of one (I can't remember or find the name). Interesting that they package it differently there. I did not think to save the pricing to see how it compared to the US but I wonder if it's available on some EU travel agency site.

Wouldn't matter anyway, because one may only access the pricing which is offered to ones' geographic home country.

TA's are incessantly attempting to flout this rule but if they get caught at it by the powers that be they find themselves on the short list for losing their credentials to sell Oceania Product and their customers who buy cruises under these conditions may be barred from boarding.

We are friendly with one of Oceania's top selling Agents, who has also been personal friends with FDR since God was a boy, and selling across regions is one thing that they ABSOLUTELY will not allow her to do. In the fifteen years that we've been observing her interactions with Oceania, this was the only situation where her request for a waiver was a definitive "NO". It never even got to the discussion stage.

In short, It IS a small World, but not quite as small as the Internet sometimes allows us to believe.

The strangeness continues. About 2 hours after those incredible offers appeared on my O site, they vanished without a trace. It was back to the regular special offers. My TA checked with O and they had no knowledge of these offers. I'm wondering if this was a scammer or hacker. Did anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

Francie

The strangeness continues. About 2 hours after those incredible offers appeared on my O site, they vanished without a trace. It was back to the regular special offers. My TA checked with O and they had no knowledge of these offers. I'm wondering if this was a scammer or hacker. Did anyone else have this happen? Thanks.

Francie

Is there any possibility that you were using a European proxy server to access the site? As I mentioned in my post (which was not meant to suggest booking through a foreign agency, merely pointing out that Oceania runs different Olife promos in outside of the US) Olife Ultimate is being offered in Europe.

Or maybe the Oceania site had a hiccup and showed the wrong offer for the US.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

MisterBill99..your suggestion that I might have accessed the O Europe site is an interesting one. The only thing about that idea is that I got onto my O site exactly the same way I do everyday. You're probably correct that's more likely hiccup in O system:)

Oddly enough sometimes I get companies' Canadian websites. I live in Missouri, hundreds of miles away from Canada, but sometimes I think my ISP uses servers there. Or something else crazy is going on.

MisterBill99..your suggestion that I might have accessed the O Europe site is an interesting one. The only thing about that idea is that I got onto my O site exactly the same way I do everyday. You're probably correct that's more likely hiccup in O system:)
That's what I thought was strange when I got the European pricing while in Amsterdam. I was at the normal dotcom website, not a country specific one and expected the normal US site. But their server apparently showed me different stuff based on where it knew that I was.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app