Rhapsody of the Seas questions

cmonaco27

We leave on the Rhapsody of the Seas on March 11th for 7 nights on the Western Caribbean itinerary! We are so excited! It is our first time cruising together as a couple, and as young adults, it's our first time cruising without our families/parents (and paying- ha! ;) )!

First, we each bought the deluxe beverage package. Wondering if Jameson Irish Whiskey is stocked on board? If so, is it within the $12 limit allowed with the drink package? Are there any (or many) drinks that cost more than $12, therefore requiring us to pay the difference beyond what our drink package allows?

Which evening shows on the Rhapsody do you recommend? I'm not sure the shows are really our thing, but would love to see a few if there are some that people really enjoyed! I know the aerial acrobats show in the Centrum is popular! How often during the week is this show presented?

Is there a way to pre-pay tips online before we leave? I have not found it, if so.

Do any of you have safety concerns in Cozumel, Puerto Costa Maya, or Belize City? I'm not concerned about Key West. Also, do we need to get local currency for use at these places, or do they accept U.S. currency?

I'm sure I will come up with more questions, but that's it for now! Thanks in advance!

I believe they have discontinued the centrum aerial shows.

Contact whoever booked your cruise to prepay gratuities.

All the places on your cruise accept US currency.

Thanks, Bob! We booked our cruise online through Royal Caribbean, so do I need to call them to pre-pay gratuities?

Do you know more about why the Centrum aerial shows have been discontinued!? I was looking forward to that, and have not yet heard that they are no longer doing them.

Thanks, Bob! We booked our cruise online through Royal Caribbean, so do I need to call them to pre-pay gratuities?

Do you know more about why the Centrum aerial shows have been discontinued!? I was looking forward to that, and have not yet heard that they are no longer doing them.

Yes, call to prepay gratuities. I read here that they had trouble getting the riggers for the aerial show, but I don't know if that's the only reason.

Yes, call to prepay gratuities. I read here that they had trouble getting the riggers for the aerial show, but I don't know if that's the only reason.

Correct. Was on Brilliance and then the Serenade both ships transferred their Riggers to Oasis class ships. End of show on these ships...

We leave on the Rhapsody of the Seas on March 11th for 7 nights on the Western Caribbean itinerary! We are so excited! It is our first time cruising together as a couple, and as young adults, it's our first time cruising without our families/parents (and paying- ha! ;) )!

First, we each bought the deluxe beverage package. Wondering if Jameson Irish Whiskey is stocked on board? If so, is it within the $12 limit allowed with the drink package? Are there any (or many) drinks that cost more than $12, therefore requiring us to pay the difference beyond what our drink package allows?

Which evening shows on the Rhapsody do you recommend? I'm not sure the shows are really our thing, but would love to see a few if there are some that people really enjoyed! I know the aerial acrobats show in the Centrum is popular! How often during the week is this show presented?

Is there a way to pre-pay tips online before we leave? I have not found it, if so.

Do any of you have safety concerns in Cozumel, Puerto Costa Maya, or Belize City? I'm not concerned about Key West. Also, do we need to get local currency for use at these places, or do they accept U.S. currency?

I'm sure I will come up with more questions, but that's it for now! Thanks in advance!

We were on the Rhapsody for 14 days transatlantic last year. It is a wonderful ship and you are going to have a great time.

Shows: Opinion Only - Go to the headliner shows (Magic, Comedian, Musician) and avoid the cast shows (They were not great)

The Schooner bar is a fantastic place to hang out for a pre-dinner drink or play some trivia. It has floor to ceiling glass to enjoy the ocean.

Drinks: Unless you are very picky you will find most everything included in your drink package.

Here is MY BLOG for the Rhapsody cruise (With a review)

Bon Voyage!

Edited by Freedom55