Koala Bear Pic

vecruiser2017

I will be sailing on the Jewel on February 10th out of Sydney. I am looking for recommendations for the best excursions for me and my friends to take a pic with a koala bear. I appreciate your comments! Thank you.

I did the one that Ncl offers and it was really good. The cost was around 199 but was able to see the koala bears sleeping in the tree, kangaroos and birds in their native lands. The tour fills really fast.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Forums mobile app

Just a heads up—don’t call these animals “koala bears” when you get to Australia. They are marsupials—not mammals—and that phrase is “cringe-worthy” to Australians.

Or if you do, you might come accross the most dangerous animal in Australia, the drop bears:

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2013/04/drop-bears-target-tourists,-study-says/

Just a heads up—don’t call these animals “koala bears” when you get to Australia. They are marsupials—not mammals—and that phrase is “cringe-worthy” to Australians.

Marsupials are mammals.

There are three types of mammals:

Placentals, e.g. humans.

Marsupials, e.g. koalas.

Monotremes, e.g. platypus.

Australia is the only place where you can see all three types in the wild.

There are three types of mammals:

Placentals, e.g. humans.

Marsupials, e.g. koalas.

Monotremes, e.g. platypus.

Australia is the only place where you can see all three types in the wild.

And when the humans are wild there, my word, are they wild!

• 4 weeks later...

The rules on holding a koala (if thats what you want to do) are pretty strict.

You can only do so in 3 states (Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia).

this website https://news.experienceoz.com.au/where-to-cuddle-a-koala-in-australia/ has a pretty good rundown of the rules

(and yes, i know this person has probally finished there cruise, but this could be useful for other people)

Nah I still call ‘em Koala Bears.

I'm not sure exactly what kind of picture you would be satisfied with, but if you go to Wildlife Sydney located downtown you can get pictures with your group surrounding a Koala for a small fee...

We have booked a "behind the scenes" tour of the zoo in Sydney and might not get to hold a Koala, but hopefully, will be able to take our photo next to one. Really looking forward to this experience.

Cole

I'm not sure exactly what kind of picture you would be satisfied with, but if you go to Wildlife Sydney located downtown you can get pictures with your group surrounding a Koala for a small fee...

We did this as well. Great time.