Buenos Aires Itinerary Ideas

maryogreen

We spent four days in BA, and then another two after returning from the falls.

I do not think location matters as long as you are in a safe area that is close to the subway. Our first stay was near the Oblisque and Congress. It was ideal. We had two different subway line stops nearby within easy walking distance. We originally planned for the second stay to be in Ricoletta but we changed our mind and went back to the first hotel because we liked it, and the area so much. Ricoletta is very convenient, especially to the train terminal where you can catch a train to Tigre. Also, the AEP airport bus stops nearby. Good restaurants in both locations.

• 2 months later...

Yes you can tour with luggage! We did it. They picked up at port , did the tour and left us at airport! All in one is better price than each one separatelly. Just contact the tour guide liz andrea ....liz2arg@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

I did a full day where I covered the city sighseeing plus history of

Evita

Jewish

Tango

So I can recommend the specific visits (take time! is a big city) or the general visit with some strenght on some topics

We did it with Liz Andrea (liz2arg@yahoo.com)

• 4 weeks later...

We did the city with EVA PERON included. The guide focus the tour into the dynamic of the group. Is a little more expensive tour but they are like BeSpoke so they focus on personalized and quality tours.

company: LIZ BUENOS AIRES

name of guide: Liz Andrea and partner.

Port: Buenos Aires but she can recommend others

Contact.: liz2arg@yahoo.com

(in 24 hours)

Luxury Travel Guide Award short listed 2016

Trip Advisor Hall of Fame

Check it !

• 6 months later...
A suggestion: Most cruisers only spend a couple of days in Buenos Aires and are understandably interested in getting an overview of the area. Those planning longer pre or post cruise stays or for anyone who has been to BA previously and already taken a general tour, try to find a tour guide who can offer a specialized tour in topics that interest you.

I have been on tours that focused on

Eva Peron (Evita), with visits to 5 or 6 locations of interest including her offices, the Evita museum in Palermo, Recoleta cemetery, Casa Rosada, and the Teatro Colon, where she famously offered 2 peso night performances for her working class supporters after being scorned by high society, and a couple of other sites.

Madres de Plaza de Mayo and the "Dirty War," with visits to multiple sites including the former Naval School that was used as an internment/torture camp by the dictatorship to punish enemies of the state, the Madres offices, and an explanation of the aims of the various factions of Madres today--One group strives to find information about their "disappeared" children and to bring those responsible for their deaths to justice; another group advocates for the same causes their leftist children did, including the overthrow of democratic government in a Cuban/Castro/Che style revolution; and another group, the "grandmothers" or Abuelas attempts to find their grandchildren who were placed for adoption in the homes of families loyal to the dictatorship. With the help of DNA testing grandmothers are still being reunited with their grand children today.

Tango, Soccer, and Ethnic Buenos Aires (Bolivian, Korean, Jewish, Muslim, Japanese and Chinese areas), and "undiscovered barrios (neighborhoods) are other tours I have taken and enjoyed. I want to take a cattle tour next time I am there--a trip to the cattle auction in BA, the Mataderos section of Buenos Aires that used to be the headquarters for slaughter houses, and an estancia (ranch) near BA with an explanation of cattle production methods in Argentina that result in world famous steaks. Also on my list are specialized tours of street art and gourmet restaurants.

So many things to do in this fabulous city.

Hi,

Will be in BA several days before our cruise later this month and read with interest your specific tour ideas above. Tried to find these specific tours by searching google and TA without much success. Can you advise tour operators you used please!

Best to email me at gkoff1849 at sbcglobal.net since this forum would be hard to find your response!

Many thanks!

I thought CC readers who will be traveling to Buenos Aires might be interested in my latest blog posts. We recently spent two terrific days there before an Antarctica cruise, doing an all-day walking tour the first day (link is in the blog) and touring on our own on day two before boarding the ship.

http://www.themodernpostcard.com/buenos-aires-day-1-la-recoleta-cemetery-la-casa-rosada-a-starry-touch-of-russia/

http://www.themodernpostcard.com/buenos-aires-day-2-el-ateneo-grand-splendid-teatro-colon/

Mary

Travel Blog: www.themodernpostcard.com

Thank you so much for sharing. Loved your blog posts.

dog:)