P&O Just Cancelled Afternoon Tea (Azura 23/07)

Thepominlaw

Sad now was looking forward to this, afternoon tea is no longer available on the 23rd July :(

Anyone else just had a email?

On one day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

no longer available on the first sea day 23/07 of the Southampton - Norway sailing (leaves 22/07)

So just one day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sad now was looking forward to this, afternoon tea is no longer available on the 23rd July :(

Anyone else just had a email?

Are you suggesting that P&O have discontinued afternoon tea for good until further notice from this date or simply that the afternoon tea for the single date of 23rd July will not be served?

Regards John

You have to pay extra for the Eric Lanyard afternoon tea I think it is £15 each. It is free in the main dining room, there may also be a chocoholic afternoon tea (if you can manage it)!!

Sorry, we hated our Eric Lanyard version .... far too sweet (and that was from hubby who has a real sweet tooth!)

Have never tried the afternoon tea before , but as we are on a sailing with loads of sea days this time we will give it a go. AND, we may even dare to share a table (you have to know us by our posts to get this one!)

:-)

Sorry, we hated our Eric Lanyard version .... far too sweet (and that was from hubby who has a real sweet tooth!)

:-)

Same here, did it on Britannia, nearly killed us haha - we love afternoon tea normally!

I don't think I've ever read s good review of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well here's one. We like it a lot. And the fact that it's usually sold out is telling. The only problem is that it's a struggle to eat it with all the other meals on a cruise, so we do it once a cruise maximum. I would agree with comments from others that a little more savoury wouldn't go amiss, but you can always ask for more sandwiches etc. We usually don't bother with afternoon tea in the main dining room. Apart from the fact that we are rarely hungry mid afternoon (and if we have missed lunch we go The Glasshouse) it's very low rent compared to the usual meals served in there. The quality of food offered in the Epicurean is poles apart. Add to that the lovely surroundings, exemplary service, proper tea (with a wide menu) it's pure indulgence. It's also the cheapest way to experience the Epicurean for those not able to have breakfast in there or who are unwilling to splash out on dinner there.

Well here's one. We like it a lot. And the fact that it's usually sold out is telling. The only problem is that it's a struggle to eat it with all the other meals on a cruise, so we do it once a cruise maximum. I would agree with comments from others that a little more savoury wouldn't go amiss, but you can always ask for more sandwiches etc. We usually don't bother with afternoon tea in the main dining room. Apart from the fact that we are rarely hungry mid afternoon (and if we have missed lunch we go The Glasshouse) it's very low rent compared to the usual meals served in there. The quality of food offered in the Epicurean is poles apart. Add to that the lovely surroundings, exemplary service, proper tea (with a wide menu) it's pure indulgence. It's also the cheapest way to experience the Epicurean for those not able to have breakfast in there or who are unwilling to splash out on dinner there.

We had the Eric Lanyard version on the 2nd day of our cruise, a sea day. We thought it would be the best bet before we were sick of seeing food! Like I said, it was too sweet for us and needed more savouries to be sure. One of those things to do once I suppose.

Assuming I have interpreted this thread correctly, the Eric Lanyard afternoon tea is not available for one of the sea days. For the rest of the cruise, the Eric Lanyard, MDR and buffet afternoon teas are available on their expected days

• 8 months later...

Hello, Have just booked the Eric Lanlards afternoon tea for one of our upcoming cruises. Didn’t realise there may be a no charge afternoon tea in the main dining room?

Just wondering if the afternoon tea is still available on Azura or that has been stopped and only the special one now. Not sure where to look on the PO site to see myself.

Can anyone tell me just how much food you get for the £15? It looks like a lot on the food display stands in some photos, but I’m not sure how many ppl some of the ones in the photos are serving, so wondering if we would be wasting a lot of it.

If u don’t eat all the items are you able to take some back to your cabin? Thinking a nice scone would be nice in the evening! Really we would probably only be after some nice dainty sandwiches (hubby won’t say no to a slider or 2) and a nice scone and cream. So if the free afternoon tea is still on offer we may be better with that instead of paying nearly $100 australian dollars for the three of us.

Happy cruisin all.

Hello, Have just booked the Eric Lanlards afternoon tea for one of our upcoming cruises. Didn’t realise there may be a no charge afternoon tea in the main dining room?

Just wondering if the afternoon tea is still available on Azura or that has been stopped and only the special one now. Not sure where to look on the PO site to see myself.

Can anyone tell me just how much food you get for the £15? It looks like a lot on the food display stands in some photos, but I’m not sure how many ppl some of the ones in the photos are serving, so wondering if we would be wasting a lot of it.

If u don’t eat all the items are you able to take some back to your cabin? Thinking a nice scone would be nice in the evening! Really we would probably only be after some nice dainty sandwiches �� (hubby won’t say no to a slider or 2) and a nice scone and cream. So if the free afternoon tea is still on offer we may be better with that instead of paying nearly $100 australian dollars for the three of us.

Happy cruisin all.

Afternoon tea will still be available in one of the MDR, not up to the quality of Eric Lanlards, but is free and there will also be scones and sandwiches available in self service buffet.