Miami Hotel

Are any of these within walking distance to the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No! Even when you are at the pier it is impossible to walk from 1 ship to the other. Last year we booked so that we got off Enchantment and went right on Navigator. We had to use a taxi to move our suitcases and get through the crowds. One young couple did walk from Enchantment to Navigator with suitcases and they felt as though they just ran a Marathon:o

Devotee of the Hampton Brickell. Shuttle to port is $8.00. Just sign up at the downstairs concierge desk after you check in. Easy walking distance to all sorts of nice restaurants. Short walk to the People Mover to journey to Bayside Market. Also, a nice shopping area past Mary Brickell Village that's an easy walk from the hotel. Publix market about 3 blocks away. Nice breakfast and there were free cocktails offered at my visit before the last one. (Alcohol doesn't like me so I didn't inquire this time since I was traveling solo. I gave my coupons to my friend previously.)

THANK YOU! This info was very helpful for me! I’m looking to book the Hampton (Brickell) for a one night stay pre-cruise.

We like to stay pre cruise at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay. We get a balcony room overlooking the bay and the port and watch ships as they enter and depart. It is a quick cab ride to Bayside Market place; we also walked there a few times. Quick ride to port also. Probably a bit more pricey than some.

Hi, we are staying at the Intercontinental Miami next month. Can I ask, is it near any shopping malls? Which are the best malls in the city?

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Biscayne is a nice walkable area, not to the port but to restaurants. Hampton and Doubletree are equally good choices. Just don't try to drive. Uber is very convenient there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Forums mobile app

We loved staying in Miami Beach before our cruise last fall. We did a walking culinary historical tour and it was so much fun! However, DO NOT stay at the Gates DoubleTree hotel. It was a miserable experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am also looking for a hotel in Miami. So I guess it's between doubletree biscayne and hampton inn brickell. Haven't sailed out of Miami before. Don't know the area. Which one should I choose?

Doubletree is in a quieter area, had a great pool area, and some rooms offer a view of the port. Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) is about two blocks away and offers great tapas and an extensive wine & craft beer list. :D

Hampton Inn is a bit further away, and will offer more dining, shopping an nightlife options - plus free breakfast.

It's your call! ;)