Zuiderdam Stockholm docking

cfly

I am leaving July 21 2018 on the Zuiderdam and we will be in Stockholm on July 27. I can't find out which dock in Stockholm we will be using. Is this information posted anywhere? Does anyone which dock is most likely

When will we be able to find out, if the info is not available now?

Thanks.

We were told we would be docking in Stadsgarden as well and had planned to go to a restaurant right near the dock. When we disembarked we found out we were on the other side of Stockholm in a semi industrial area! Not walkable at all to Gamla Stan or anywhere else in Stockholm. HAL had arranged to have a Hop on Hop off bus at the dock but we had to pay for it. About $50 USD PP. If we did not buy that, we would have to take a taxi. While on the HOHO bus, we saw where Stadsgarden was and the Veendam was docked there. Hal made the same "mistake" in Helsinki and Tallinn and also changed our port in Germany to one 40 minutes away. Most people on board were very upset. We all wrote on our survey card that if HAL is not docking "in town" as described, they should provide a complimentary shuttle. We were lucky that our SPB Tour Guide to Berlin always checks the docking schedule so they knew exactly where to pick us up. Just plan not to be docked where you think and you will not be disappointed! The Baltic is a fantastic but very busy itinerary.

I apologize for the mistakes and omissions that I made in my posts.:o:o:o

We were on the Zuiderdam in July 2017.We did not depart Copenhagen until 9 pm which gave us extra time there before sailing. Warnemunde was supposed to be our port for Berlin but it was changed to Rostock. It looks as though the time you will have in some ports is less than we had which is a shame. But, you have additional time in Berlin which is good since it is a 3 hour drive each way. I believe we only had one sea day vs your 2. You have one day in Stockholm and we had 2 . There is so much to see in Stockholm that one day makes it difficult to see it all. Tallinn was one of our top favorites. We took the train to Lubeck from the port for Hamburg and loved Lubeck. St. Petersburg was amazing and all credit goes to our SPB tour with Lena. I cannot tell you how great the 2 SPB day tour was in St. Petersburg. I would book with SPB again with any hesitation. A class operation from beginning to end, including the traditional lunches. Plus, you will not need a Visa providing you have an excursion with a licensed tour company such as SPB Tours. The cruise lines will tell you differently but that is not true. However, you will not be allowed to walk around on your own but we did not find that to be disappointing since we were so tired it did not matter. Plus communication and transportation from where we docked would be difficult. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

We were told we would be docking in Stadsgarden as well and had planned to go to a restaurant right near the dock. When we disembarked we found out we were on the other side of Stockholm in a semi industrial area! Not walkable at all to Gamla Stan or anywhere else in Stockholm. HAL had arranged to have a Hop on Hop off bus at the dock but we had to pay for it. About $50 USD PP. If we did not buy that, we would have to take a taxi. While on the HOHO bus, we saw where Stadsgarden was and the Veendam was docked there.

That was actually the Prinsendam. I guess it shows that HAL requests priority berthing for the "Elegant Explorer."

Too bad HAL shortened the itinerary for 2018. We were on the Zuiderdam in June 2017 and docked at Stadsgarden for two days. Stockholm really deserves more than just one day in port.