Aft Pool on Glory?

travelbug4

Has anyone recently been on the Glory? I'm trying to figure out if the aft pool is still available for families to use. I know there's a serenity area on the front of the ship that is adult only, which is fantastic. But there seems to be some question on the aft pool. I just talked to Carnival and they said it is available to families and is not adult only. But I've read different.

Just trying to figure it out before we book. Will probably book a different ship if the Glory only has one pool available for families for this particular trip for us.

Thanks for your help! :)

Me again :) Is the same true for the Conquest? Is that aft pool adult only too? Searching for a Carnival cruise that has two pools that can be used by families and I'm not too familiar with their ships. We have 14,12 year olds.

Thanks again!

Me again [emoji4] Is the same true for the Conquest? Is that aft pool adult only too? Searching for a Carnival cruise that has two pools that can be used by families and I'm not too familiar with their ships. We have 14,12 year olds.

Thanks again!

All Conquest Class ships so Conquest, Valor, Liberty, Glory, Freedom, plus Victory and Splendor all have an adults only pool.

However, Glory also has Waterworks which is awesome.

Check out the Sunshine, Magic, Breeze, Dream, or even Vista or Horizon. But keep in mind that just because there are 2 pools doesn’t mean that they will be less crowded as there are a lot of adults that go to the adult only pool potentially freeing up space at the other one. Just because a pool is family friendly doesn’t mean there will only be kids. Something to consider as well.

Me again :) Is the same true for the Conquest? Is that aft pool adult only too? Searching for a Carnival cruise that has two pools that can be used by families and I'm not too familiar with their ships. We have 14,12 year olds.

Thanks again!

Honestly, the pools would not be a factor for me. My kids are now almost 14 and 20 and have been cruising over a decade and they spend minimal time in the pool. The bigger sell with them is the giant sport square where they all seem to hang out, with putt-putt, game tables, basketball, ropes course and water park. Look at Sunshine, Magic, Breeze, Vista etc for great ships for kids.

I will put in a personal plug for the Sunshine; she is smaller (like 3000 passengers) vs some of the newer larger ships and has great dining options. Jiji's makes a fantastic family dinner - and if celebrating something special we will take them to the steakhouse.

On the conquest class ships, aft pool is for adults and the midship pool is for families. Unless they've taken them out, there is also a small pool midship by the end of the slide on that class. They could have removed that for the waterworks area.

On the conquest class ships, aft pool is for adults and the midship pool is for families. Unless they've taken them out, there is also a small pool midship by the end of the slide on that class. They could have removed that for the waterworks area.

That’s correct. It’s gone on Glory due to Waterworks but the other ships should still have them.

• 1 month later...
That’s correct. It’s gone on Glory due to Waterworks but the other ships should still have them.

So, on the GLORY, is the Adults Only pool the one near the Pizza place? And isn't it covered by a ceiling of some sort? It's not open at the top is it? Trying to remember...Seemed very warm back there.

So, on the GLORY, is the Adults Only pool the one near the Pizza place? And isn't it covered by a ceiling of some sort? It's not open at the top is it? Trying to remember...Seemed very warm back there.

Yes that’s it. The roof was open during the day since we had perfect weather all cruise and closed at night if it started sprinkling or got too windy.