Organic Food

Deckhawk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but I have done a bit of research on it over the past couple of years and wanted to chime in for those who may be seeking answers.

There is NO line which will offer 100% organic and antibiotic/rBGH/GMO free foods. That said, the ships that do not port in the US are a better choice. The Paul Gauguin and Windstar ship in French Polynesia source the majority if their foods from New Zealand and local sources, so by default, most would meet USDA organic standards. Most of the ships that sail in Europe and source foods from the EU also meet this criteria, as hormones, antibiotics, and GMO's are not allowed in most EU countries, and they use a lot less pesticides--in most cases relying exclusively on biodynamic practices.

Bottom line, if you choose a mass market ship that sails from anyplace in the US, Canada, and the Craibbean, you will not be eating healthy during your cruise.

Norwegian's FAQ specifically mentions they can accommodate requests with advanced notice for food allergies, Kosher meals or gluten-free food.

None of that means organic.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I don't see any of the cruise lines offering organic anytime soon! Maybe they will offer an organic specialty restaurant at a fee in the future...I would be there every day, especially if it were vegan/vegetarian!

Why limit it? Instead, offer strong vegan/vegetarian menu selections alongside carnivore selections. I eat ovo-lacto vegetarian on a regular basis, but my husband has to have his meat. We are able to source organic chicken, beef, and pork, and there's no good reason to not offer that as well.

Why limit it? Instead, offer strong vegan/vegetarian menu selections alongside carnivore selections. I eat ovo-lacto vegetarian on a regular basis, but my husband has to have his meat. We are able to source organic chicken, beef, and pork, and there's no good reason to not offer that as well.

Because I'm vegan! I was saying it would be my dream. I'm not saying it would ever happen, but I would be the first in line on that particular cruise ship if it ever did! I also don't ever think of vegan restaurants being "limiting" in any way...if anything, there is a whole new world of options that aren't typically offered at regular restaurants waiting to be discovered!