MANY Cancelled Cruises - Enchantment of the Seas: 6/23/18 - 3/13/19 & 4/19/19

Hi All, I just learned about this cancellation through the following forwarded message:

"We'd like to provide you with important information on upcoming sailings. Due to ship repositioning plans, the following sailings are being cancelled:

- Enchantment of the Seas: 6/23/18 - 3/13/19 & 4/19/19

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these cancellations have caused. In order to appropriately compensate you, we are offering the following:

Option 1: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

- Please note some sailings will not be available to book until Tuesday, November 21

- Receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

o $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites

o Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

- Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

If you would like to cancel your cruise without re-booking, you will receive a full refund of the cruise, including any non-refundable deposit. You will also receive reimbursement for any airline charges, up to $200 for Domestic flights and up to $300 for International flights. In addition, any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International "

We booked a great deal during their promotion a couple months ago, now what?

Wait until November 21 to view all sailings and then get a full refund and obc if nothing suits you?

To be honest, I only booked with Royal Caribbean because they had the best promotion going at the time (second guest was free or heavily discounted). I can't imagine that RCI is going to honor that promotion now. I feel shafted.

I'm a semi-seasoned cruiser, but never with RCI. This is my first time with RCI and my first cancellation.

Presumably hundreds of customers who planned ahead of time are now forced out of their cruises because RCI cannot plan ahead of time.

Edited by ShamelesslyCruising
added some clarifying details

To be honest, I only booked with Royal Caribbean because they had the best promotion going at the time (second guest was free or heavily discounted). I can't imagine that RCI is going to honor that promotion now. I feel shafted.

I'm a semi-seasoned cruiser, but never with RCI. This is my first time with RCI and my first cancellation.

Presumably hundreds of customers who planned ahead of time are now forced out of their cruises because RCI cannot plan ahead of time.

Don't feel too shafted. Royal runs a new "sale" weekly. But I know it still sucks making new plans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just got an email from RCI that my Nov.7, 2018 has. Been cancelled.....WTH

Hey Linda,

Hope all is well with you, been a while.

Just got the email too:mad:

Oct 5th sailing, daughters Birthday treat, not too happy we have lost a great deal on the RS as well.

Unlikely we will get a comparable deal in an RS out of Galveston for the dates we could sail either.

3rd cruise RC have cancelled on us in past few years, reason we are leaning more to MSC and Celebrity.

Got the email this morning that our Oct. 19th cruise out of Galveston has been cancelled.

UGH!

The only reason we booked that cruise was because that timeframe is when my wife and kids are out on Fall break from school. And they were running the 3rd and 4th children sail free promotion.

Will they honor that promotion if we book a new cruise from them????

Hey Linda,

Oct 5th sailing, daughters Birthday treat, not too happy we have lost a great deal on the RS as well.

Unlikely we will get a comparable deal in an RS out of Galveston for the dates we could sail either.

3rd cruise RC have cancelled on us in past few years, reason we are leaning more to MSC and Celebrity.

Sorry to hear that Graham, I can imagine that Abigail was dissapointed.

Other than this fiasco I hope you guys are well.:)

Sorry to hear that Graham, I can imagine that Abigail was dissapointed.

Other than this fiasco I hope you guys are well.:)

Cheers Ken,

All well here, hope you and your gang are all good.:cool:

Daughter is a little frustrated and we are unable to switch to another sailing unless we fly.

So Nikki will work something out with resolutions.

I'll drop you a line with some other info

Happy Days!

So interestingly enough I am on Majesty Nov 2018. I have not yet received my email but I can see on RCI website that Majesty no longer has a sailing Nov 2018. I am assuming they will just move me right on over to Enhancement at my current booking rate - but we shall see.

I like all ships - so I am fine regardless. In fact, I would not even mind driving to Tampa to stay on Majesty if she has a sailing on the same dates I currently have booked.

Hey Linda,

We had the RS too on the Nov. 7, 2018 and we got a great deal too. Otherwise we would not have been able to book it.

Hope they don't cancel the April 19, 2019. Guess I better start looking for something else just in case.

Nevermind, I just saw that that date is cancelled too. Bummer!

So what will Galveston get in replacement, since vision is heading to New Orleans. Maybe another voyager class for the 4-5 day cruises or maybe the radiance class. I would love a radiance class in galveston

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sure hope we get something. The Liberty is way too big for my taste. :(

Yikes. Double hit for us...several days ago, our Explorer of the seas repo out of Sydney , Australia April, 2019 got cancelled ( we've been offered 20% off future Australian cruise, 10% off any other ) and now our June 23 cruise on Enchantment ( aft jr suite for our 40th anniversary) is cancelled , with perhaps only future OBC offered ? Wow. Opening some red wine and thinking about all inclusive land resorts....

So what will Galveston get in replacement, since vision is heading to New Orleans. Maybe another voyager class for the 4-5 day cruises or maybe the radiance class. I would love a radiance class in galveston

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It'd be only for 2018 as it appears Enchantment is coming in 2019.

I don't really care which ship, more interested in itineraries > 7dys:D

Now looking at Panama Canal on NCLfor this time next year +/-

For those of you with experiance with cancelled cruises....we cancelled an aft on Liberty with a very low rate to go on Enchantment to Panama. I get that we can rebook but I gave up OBC and more to change to the Enchantment in the first place. And I'm sure the price has gone up for the cruise we changed from. Do I go thru resolutions for better satisfaction after November 21 or I am just out of luck? I realize stuff happens but this really feels like I'm a big loser here.

It may be time to look again at Princess and NCL.

For those of you with experiance with cancelled cruises....we cancelled an aft on Liberty with a very low rate to go on Enchantment to Panama. I get that we can rebook but I gave up OBC and more to change to the Enchantment in the first place. And I'm sure the price has gone up for the cruise we changed from. Do I go thru resolutions for better satisfaction after November 21 or I am just out of luck? I realize stuff happens but this really feels like I'm a big loser here.

It may be time to look again at Princess and NCL.

Princess canceled a cruise I had booked on her and they gave me a whooping $15 OBC - yep $15. Not a typo, not missing any 0's. I think you are better off sticking with RCI.

We are on the Enchantment to Panama. I did not get an e-mail to cancel. I called Crown and Anchor and was told that the cruise does not show cancelled so I am confused. My daughter planned to get married on this ship.

Check your "spam" email folder or maybe it'll come tomorrow, but it's gone:(

Check your "spam" email folder or maybe it'll come tomorrow, but it's gone:(

Perhaps this is how they are going to market new Going, Going, Gone offers.

You book a cruise, they are Going to make interest on your money whilst you think you are Going on a cruise to then find out the cruise is Gone :D