Which airline do you prefer for Seattle?

flasaltwater63

I'm shopping for my tickets now for June. So far Alaska Air seems to have the bestprice at 921 round trip from Orlando Florida to Seattle Wa. and then back home. Does anyone jave experience with them? I like that they have usb plugs at your seat along with wifi for streaming. I would love to hear some experiences and what airline you chose. Do you buy the insurance protection?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Edited by flasaltwater63

IMO, Alaska Airlines has one of, if not the, best domestic product. If AS has the best price for your itinerary that's a happy coincidence. If all other factors were equal, I'd fly Alaska over any other US airline. When my home airport was Seattle, I flew mostly Delta for miles and upgrades, but occasionally I gladly flew AS, especially at the time when there was reciprocity for miles with DL.

Re flight insurance: I have never purchased that through the airline. Don't know anyone who has - but I'm someone will pipe up.

I live in the Seattle area and Alaska Airlines is my airline of choice.

They have a great mobile app. You can reserve your food choice on the app.

Yes, they do have charging ports in the seats.

They DON'T have an entertainment system, however, if you bring your own device (iPad, iPhone, etc) you can connect to their free TV shows and movies. You just have to download the GoGo Entertainment app first.

With that app you can even text/chat with someone else on the plane that you know.

Downside. For your flights your equipment will be 737 single isle. Gets a little cramped on that long of a flight. But, I deal with it.

All things being fairly equal in terms of price and the timing of the flights I too would recommend Alaska Air. On a related note none of us can predict price but my experience when it comes to Alaska in June and over the rest of the peak season is that demand is high so prices usually stay the same or go up so I wouldn't wait much longer to book this. Again, I can't guarantee they won't go down but my own experience is to book early when it comes to Alaska because of the strong demand. This also includes not only flights but the cruises themselves.

Keith

Love and use Alaska Air whenever it's an option. I also enjoy that it's one of the few airlines that you can at times upgrade to first class at the checkin counter when available, and for us it was just a bit more. Worth asking about when you checkin ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I use both Delta and Alaska Air. I get one free bag on both airlines.

I just booked to Seattle for a cruise to Alaska a few days ago. I went with Delta because it was cheaper. Sometimes it is the other way around.

Seattle is only about a two hour flight for me so I like Southwest for free luggage. Unfortunately the don’t have any Non Stop flights out of San Francisco or San Jose.

I travel the world for a living. I have been on airlines, good and bad, most people will have never even heard of.

Alaska is one of my favorites, hands down. Love them.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but since you seem to be well-versed regarding air travel, I am interested in your opinion of AA premium economy or BA economy from Seattle to London (these are the flights offered by my TA included with our cruise fare). Thanks!

In response to the OP, I am MVP Gold with Alaska and highly recommend flying AS from ORD to SEA. Check in 24 hours prior to departure and possibly get a better seat.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but since you seem to be well-versed regarding air travel, I am interested in your opinion of AA premium economy or BA economy from Seattle to London (these are the flights offered by my TA included with our cruise fare). Thanks!

In response to the OP, I am MVP Gold with Alaska and highly recommend flying AS from ORD to SEA. Check in 24 hours prior to departure and possibly get a better seat.

Since AA doesn't fly nonstop between Seattle and London, presumably your AA flights would be via some AA gateway (LAX, ORD, DFW, JFK...?)

If it's true premium economy (and NOT "main cabin extra," which is just a bit more legroom in coach) then be advised AA is just beginning to roll out this product on some longhaul flights, and any connecting flights within the US would still be in the back of the bus.

BA's economy product between SEA and LHR is pretty ordinary, with pretty tight seating and BA's policy of making you pay to select seats unless you're willing to take pot luck 24 hrs before departure. The upside is that the flights are nonstop, so if you're okay in coach for 8-9 hours (an hour longer returning LHR-SEA due to headwinds) then it's the easiest. BA's premium economy product (true PE - slightly bigger seat overall, more amenities) is more comfortable but comes at a considerably higher price.

• 3 weeks later...
We love Alaska and it is our airline of first choice. Therefore,

we are in a quandary of what to fly to Italy. EEEK!

Alaska partners with American, British Airways, Condor, Icelandic Airways, and Emirates for travel to Europe

]We love Alaska and it is our airline of first choice. Therefore,

we are in a quandary of what to fly to Italy. EEEK!

You really shouldn't be in a quandry.

It all comes down to knowing what is important TO YOU.

Price, schedule, equipment, inflight product, ground product, routings, alliance affiliation - some of the factors that only YOU can decide to weight for your decision making process.

You have tons of choices with many carriers, including those you may not even have heard of.

I changed our flight to Alaska airlines for 2 reasons one their planes are newer then Deltas from what I can see and two because almost every person that responded to this thread uses Alaska Airlines so they have to be good for so many to speak so highly of them. Looks like Delta did some updates but most of their planes are older. I read that their 757 is 20 years old. I don't really care about the entertainment screen I download movies to my IPad. So we won't be lost without the Delta entertainment package.

I changed our flight to Alaska airlines for 2 reasons one their planes are newer then Deltas from what I can see and two because almost every person that responded to this thread uses Alaska Airlines so they have to be good for so many to speak so highly of them. Looks like Delta did some updates but most of their planes are older. I read that their 757 is 20 years old. I don't really care about the entertainment screen I download movies to my IPad. So we won't be lost without the Delta entertainment package.

Now this isn't something I am specifically pointing out to you, but something that I want to make known because I see this statement happen all the time - just because a plane is a certain age doesn't mean it's outdated. Aircraft aren't necessarily like cars - they don't keep the same interior for their entire life. There are many times when aircraft are re-done on the inside, and it's not unheard of to have a three year old interior on a 15 year old aircraft, for example. Someone might say "I want to avoid the old plane because it'll be outdated" and end up on an eight year old plane with an eight year old interior, when they could have ended up on a 15 year old plane with a new interior.

And to follow up on Zach's comments:

You really want to avoid, if possible, one of the newest aircraft in the USA skies - the AA 737Max.

This has some of the tightest seating around, no seatback IFE, and ridiculously small lavs. Yet it's all "new"!!!

Give me an older aircraft that hasn't been "densified" anyday.

And to follow up on Zach's comments:

You really want to avoid, if possible, one of the newest aircraft in the USA skies - the AA 737Max.

This has some of the tightest seating around, no seatback IFE, and ridiculously small lavs. Yet it's all "new"!!!

I finally got on a MAX the other day...my original flight went MX and I was thrown on a flight leaving 30 minutes later that was already boarding, so I ended up not only losing my FC seat but couldn't even get a MCE seat. Luckily it was a very short flight (MCO-MIA), but...it wasn't pleasant.

I'm sad my AA flying rarely involves MD-80s anymore! :D

I'll also take the 25yr old AA 757 I flew a few weeks ago that had fully flat beds on a domestic flight versus the 2yr old 737-800 that, well, doesn't :D

I'm sad my AA flying rarely involves MD-80s anymore! :D

I'll also take the 25yr old AA 757 I flew a few weeks ago that had fully flat beds on a domestic flight versus the 2yr old 737-800 that, well, doesn't :D

Can I ask why? I've flew myself in the past and just recently but my husband is new to flying. I'm ready to book the flight and forget about it. I've messed around so much the rates are starting to go up. I had a decent flight with Delt booked but he was worried about the age of the plane now I have a flight with Alaska air being held by Ezair. For a little over $900 I'm considering booking ou tside of Ezair so I can get premium class seats for legroom. Now I'm not sure I made the right choice by canceling the Delta flight.