On Rhapsody now!

colesc15

On Rhapsody now. Departing in about an hour. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them before we leave or when we get back! So far, a nice ship. A lot smaller than anything we've done in the past, and with my wife and I being in our twenties, we definitely feel like some of the youngest on the ship

We just got off the Rhapsody and were very disappointed in the ship. The vast majority of the staff is amazing but the ship is in rough shape. If you go to the Schooner Bar, please tell Simon and Vivian that Karen, Mark, Dianne and John say hi and we miss them!

I hope you have a great time!

Karen

Thanks for posting. Although I am on a different itinerary this summer, I would be interested in hearing about the daily activities offered such as trivia and nightly entertainment on the ship. I am interested in anything I can learn about the Rhapsody.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Rhapsody and were very disappointed in the ship. The vast majority of the staff is amazing but the ship is in rough shape. If you go to the Schooner Bar, please tell Simon and Vivian that Karen, Mark, Dianne and John say hi and we miss them!

Karen

Glad to hear that staff is amazing. I had the opposite problem last summer on the Anthem -- loved the ship but disappointed in the service we experienced.

Would love to hear feedback. We are on Rhapsody in October for a Greek Isles cruise. This was our first cruise back in 1997/98?. Concerned that it is too small and not enough to do. I hoping as we've never been to Greece that we won't do much on the ship anyway.

Angelina, they offer lots of trivia sessions, although there were some passengers who had been on several back-to-back cruises and knew the questions and answers. One in particular was a very sore winner and a sore loser! We spent a lot of time in the Schooner Bar where they had lots of games, trivia, music.

Depplep, having been on a Mediterranean cruise on the Serenade, you really don't spend a lot of time on the ship. The ship, however, is quite small and it does feel crowded. We do junior suites and it's the smallest JS we've ever had! We won't ever sail on this ship again and this is the first time we've ever said that!

Karemark,

Thanks for the input. Having been on the bigger ships I had a feeling we would be disappointed in Rhapsody, but we only have one sea day and plan to do something in each port, so that really only leaves dinner, drinks and bed.

Angelina, they offer lots of trivia sessions, although there were some passengers who had been on several back-to-back cruises and knew the questions and answers. One in particular was a very sore winner and a sore loser! We spent a lot of time in the Schooner Bar where they had lots of games, trivia, music.

!

Thanks for the reply. Hoping to enjoy the ship even though it has been awhile since I have been on a ship this size. The main reason for booking it is the itinerary versus when we did the Anthem which was all about the ship.

On Rhapsody now. Departing in about an hour. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them before we leave or when we get back! So far, a nice ship. A lot smaller than anything we've done in the past, and with my wife and I being in our twenties, we definitely feel like some of the youngest on the ship

The most asked questions would be about formal nights, menus, and departure process.

Would love to hear feedback. We are on Rhapsody in October for a Greek Isles cruise. This was our first cruise back in 1997/98?. Concerned that it is too small and not enough to do. I hoping as we've never been to Greece that we won't do much on the ship anyway.

We have done 26 Royal Caribbean cruises. We did Rhapsody in both Alaska and the Greek Isles. For me, Rhapsody is the perfect size ship for a port intensive cruise like the Greek Isles. As you know, you are in port most of the time. Rhapsody, being smaller, is more "intimate." You'll see crew members more often as well as fellow passengers. You will have an easier time getting on and off the ship, especially at tender ports. We did JS's. Yes they are smaller, but still very nice. As you said, you get up, eat breakfast, get off the ship, tour all day, get back on, eat dinner, then maybe a drink in the Schooner bar then bed, repeat. The sea day becomes a day to rest and rejuvenate. No real time for a lot of shipboard activities anyway. So, I think you'll be very pleased with Rhapsody for a Greek Isle cruise.

Would love your feedback! I leave on the Rhapsody on March 11th. My boyfriend and I are also in our twenties, so will be interested to hear your further opinion on this!

We have done 26 Royal Caribbean cruises. We did Rhapsody in both Alaska and the Greek Isles. For me, Rhapsody is the perfect size ship for a port intensive cruise like the Greek Isles. As you know, you are in port most of the time. Rhapsody, being smaller, is more "intimate." You'll see crew members more often as well as fellow passengers. You will have an easier time getting on and off the ship, especially at tender ports. We did JS's. Yes they are smaller, but still very nice. As you said, you get up, eat breakfast, get off the ship, tour all day, get back on, eat dinner, then maybe a drink in the Schooner bar then bed, repeat. The sea day becomes a day to rest and rejuvenate. No real time for a lot of shipboard activities anyway. So, I think you'll be very pleased with Rhapsody for a Greek Isle cruise.

We have rhapsody booked for a Greek Isles cruise in June .

Managed to get a corner aft junior suite and planning on relaxing on our balcony when we are not on land!

Similar position in that we have only really done the larger , newer ships - the smallest we have currently been on is navigator .

Looking forward to a different experience on Rhapsody.

Karen

Could you please explain 'ship is in rough shape?' Thank you!

We are looking at the Rhapsody for the April 2019 Transatlantic. My wife does not like the larger ships have done the Allure as well as Norwegian Epic, and Celebrity Reflection.

She wants to try a smaller ship and on the Allure the guest speaker was very good as well as the internet. We plan on booking a JS and spend about 1/2 of our time on the Balcony the other on shipboard activities.

The Epic had nice food but nothing as far as guest speakers and internet was pretty much dialup speed. Allure was nice but everything was crowded and could not get an omelette to save my life, the donuts were a total joke. Morning coffee also did not exist. Reflection was just too crowded they added another deck of cabins without providing more space for activities or dining.

I hope you have a good cruise. Rhapsody is a smaller ship since it is so old. We sailed her when she was new. At that time she was considered a normal size for a ship. We had a really good cruise to Mexico. Good more because of our port days. I remember thinking the Rhapsody had a very generic layout. But, I do hope you have a good cruise on her like we did.

We also just got off the Rhapsody and agree with Karen. The ship has several rust spots showing, areas that could use some touch up paint, some areas of carpet looking worn, wood on the deck looked faded, etc. I will say the ship was kept clean.

We felt Elvis and T.T did a good job with activities and were very engaging. The evening activities usually drew a good crowd in the centrum.

We didn't frequent the bars much but did buy a 10 drinks for $75 on the last port day. Be aware that it only covers drinks $12 and less.

I don't know what was wrong with the second soft serve machine but it would have been nice to have both running in the afternoon, especially on sea days.

OH NO soft serve is my other favorite thing on a cruise ship!!! Hopefully in a year or so they will have both working :)

Seriously it may sound small but the lack of soft serve, omelettes and the sorry looking jelly donuts that were poor looking donuts cut in half with jam, and no morning coffee made the experience on the Allure not that Alluring.

The Epic had coffee makers in the room that were really nice until they ran out of regular coffee and only had decaf.