Rhapsody 'Superior Interior' Staterooms ...

royzer76

Hi all.

I'm hoping someone can help.

What happened to the larger interior staterooms on Rhapsody. They used to be in a block on Deck 8. RC don't seem to advertise these as 'Superior Interior' anymore ... do they still exist secretly? Can anyone remember the numbers?

Thanks in advance.

There are no secret staterooms, but there have been changes in the category names. There is still a J (Superior interior), and a K/L (Large interior).

Thanks Bob.

But they aren’t ‘J’ any more are they? They’ll be ‘2V’ or something won’t they? Or have I got that totally wrong?

On Rhapsody I recall these larger interiors were on deck 8. I’m trying to find them.

Thanks Bob.

But they aren’t ‘J’ any more are they? They’ll be ‘2V’ or something won’t they? Or have I got that totally wrong?

On Rhapsody I recall these larger interiors were on deck 8. I’m trying to find them.

I have one booked for April 15, 2018. It's listed as cat J- Superior Interior

The J's on Vision Class are much bigger compared to all other interiors. You have to know your cabin #'s as they are mixing the categories on that deck it seems from what I can see on the deck plans.

On Rhapsody they are the mid-deck options 8013-8027 and 8513-8527 (J category green on the current deck plan)

Thanks Bob.

You're correct, if you are looking at a cruise after May 2018, the category designations will be different.

It looks to me that the large interiors will be "R" and "V" staterooms with the largest being 1R followed by 1V and 2V.

Thanks Bob and Hoopster95 ... that is a huge help. I was trying to point a friend in the direction of these staterooms.

Sorry ... yes that's why I couldn't see them on the deck plan I was looking at which was for April 2019.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, we're sailing Rhapsody in three weeks. Got an awesome deal and did run of the ship. Unfortunately we got our cabin assignments...not the best but given how much time you're in the room, we'll still have a great time. Does anyone know the difference between an SQ vs an SN?

Hi all, we're sailing Rhapsody in three weeks. Got an awesome deal and did run of the ship. Unfortunately we got our cabin assignments...not the best but given how much time you're in the room, we'll still have a great time. Does anyone know the difference between an SQ vs an SN?

I cannot find those designations. Can you provide actual stateroom numbers?

I cannot find those designations. Can you provide actual stateroom numbers?

I think OP means 'Q' and 'N' ... both are 'Interior Staterooms' so difference is probably only going to be location and deck isn't it?

I think OP means 'Q' and 'N' ... both are 'Interior Staterooms' so difference is probably only going to be location and deck isn't it?

Yes, that is usually the only difference, but I was not sure with the designations that were mentioned.

SQ and SN our both interior state rooms both located on decks 2 and 3. We are an SQ 3657. My parents are diamond they were put in a large interior room on deck 2 near the front of ship. Im thinking SQ may be only share one wall based on other cabins....

SQ and SN our both interior state rooms both located on decks 2 and 3. We are an SQ 3657. My parents are diamond they were put in a large interior room on deck 2 near the front of ship. Im thinking SQ may be only share one wall based on other cabins....

This is confusing me even more. On the current deck plan, I see 3657 as a category "N". When Royal changes the categories in May, this stateroom becomes a category "6V". I don't see SQ or SN anywhere.

Yes, that is usually the only difference, but I was not sure with the designations that were mentioned.

Yeah I’m not sure where the ‘S’ bit is coming from ... which is why I’m thinking they are just ‘N’ and ‘Q’.

Yeah I’m not sure where the ‘S’ bit is coming from ... which is why I’m thinking they are just ‘N’ and ‘Q’.

Are those designations possibly from a travel agent invoice or website?