Have taken a 2 year absence from Royal - have some Rhapsody Diamond questions

Sailing on the Rhapsody on April 15

Can someone catch me up to speed on just a couple of Diamond related things?

Specifically, do they still load your card with 3 free drinks an evening?

What is the time frame that the Diamond Lounge is open and the free drinks are on your card ? (I have read it is a zoo)

Do you still get some internet time free?

All I like to do is check my email once daily to make sure everything is ok at home. I have 3 senior pets, and you just never know. I just hate paying for 24/7 service when I have no intention on using it.

That's it for now

Thank you..

Welcome back!

Yes, there are 3 free drinks loaded into the card every day for use during the same times as the cocktail hours in the lounge, which still offers unlimited free drinks. On our February cruise on Oasis, the hours were from 4:30 until 8 pm nightly. In addition, you were able to use the drink vouchers in the dining venues as well as the theater during these hours. That feature seems to vary by ship, however. You also will receive 24 hours of free internet time, but that runs consecutively from whatever time you activate it. In lieu of the 24 hour internet, you can get a 20% discount on the packages they offer.

Yes, they still give 3 free drinks each evening. Free drink period usually starts an hour before early dinner and lasts 3.5 hours.

Diamond gets either $23 off a package or one 24-hour period of free internet.

We were on Rhapsody mid-February, just over 200 D/D+/P. The DL overflow was open every night the entire happy hour time, 4:30 - 8:00, but wasn't really needed after 5:30, first dining seating. Between 4:30 & 5:30, there was a fair crowd, but not overcrowded. After 5:30, often less than 20 people present.

Welcome back!

Yes, there are 3 free drinks loaded into the card every day for use during the same times as the cocktail hours in the lounge, which still offers unlimited free drinks. On our February cruise on Oasis, the hours were from 4:30 until 8 pm nightly. In addition, you were able to use the drink vouchers in the dining venues as well as the theater during these hours. That feature seems to vary by ship, however. You also will receive 24 hours of free internet time, but that runs consecutively from whatever time you activate it. In lieu of the 24 hour internet, you can get a 20% discount on the packages they offer.

No, not a 20% discount. A flat $23 discount. (the so-called value of a 24 hour period of surf 'n' stream internet)

We were on Rhapsody mid-February, just over 200 D/D+/P. The DL overflow was open every night the entire happy hour time, 4:30 - 8:00, but wasn't really needed after 5:30, first dining seating. Between 4:30 & 5:30, there was a fair crowd, but not overcrowded. After 5:30, often less than 20 people present.

Ah, a fellow parrothead too! :D Thank you for the info. We will plan accordingly. Where is the DL on this ship?

And again, thank you all. I appreciate it. Finally starting to get back into the swing of things.

Ah, a fellow parrothead too! :D Thank you for the info. We will plan accordingly. Where is the DL on this ship?

And again, thank you all. I appreciate it. Finally starting to get back into the swing of things.

DL on Rhapsody is at the port side aft end of the Shall We Dance lounge on deck 6.

Was also on Rhapsody mid February. We never had problems finding a seat inside the DL or out in the "Shall we dance" lounge they used for overflow, and as previously posted...really clears out around 5:45-6 pm. The servers had set up a temporary bar outside the DL lounge and were actually using that for both inside the lounge and outside. Space very limited inside for bar set up, so that worked well for them.

The view off the aft in both inside and outside of the lounge looking over the wake with the floor to ceiling windows was very nice also.

Never had problems with the internet service, using both the computers in the DL and the CL. Don't forget...if you are two Diamonds in the same cabin...both will get internet coupons.

Don't forget...if you are two Diamonds in the same cabin...both will get internet coupons.

Ah, I did forget that. I wonder if you can apply both credits to one of packages. Otherwise we might just go with 2 different 24 hour freebies. Between that and finding wi-fi on land somewhere, it might work. Thank YOU!!

Ah, I did forget that. I wonder if you can apply both credits to one of packages. Otherwise we might just go with 2 different 24 hour freebies. Between that and finding wi-fi on land somewhere, it might work. Thank YOU!!

Nope. Can't apply two coupons to one package. Sorry. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also check daily emails for my beloved furry child, as I know that is important to you also. :) My cat sitter posts daily email updates with pictures around 8:30 am. I put in my first 24 hour around 10:00 am to pick up that morning email, which of course takes me to the next day (being able to check two days with one 24 hour coupon). Then the second coupon the next two days, same method. Works for me...just an idea.

I also check daily emails for my beloved furry child, as I know that is important to you also. :) My cat sitter posts daily email updates with pictures around 8:30 am. I put in my first 24 hour around 10:00 am to pick up that morning email, which of course takes me to the next day (being able to check two days with one 24 hour coupon). Then the second coupon the next two days, same method. Works for me...just an idea.

Perfect!! Thank you..

Perfect!! Thank you..

You are most welcome! Enjoy your cruise on Rhapsody, we love that little ship and are booked again in January. Going to enjoy her while we still can before she gets transferred to partner line in a year or so...but no real date set yet.

You are most welcome! Enjoy your cruise on Rhapsody, we love that little ship and are booked again in January. Going to enjoy her while we still can before she gets transferred to partner line in a year or so...but no real date set yet.

We'll be on her in a few weeks! Is she being transferred or is she for sale? I thought that I saw her listed on a "for sale" a few months ago.

We'll be on her in a few weeks! Is she being transferred or is she for sale? I thought that I saw her listed on a "for sale" a few months ago.

IT manager and concierge confirmed transfer to partner line in the next year or so. No transfer date set yet, but some officers said they were not happy that RCI is neglecting putting money into Rhapsody for updates and remodel since she is leaving the fleet.