Shuttles in Greenock and Invergordon

besberry

Does anyone know if P&O provide shuttles in Greenock and Invergordon? If so, where do they go?

No they dont as there is no need of a shuttle bus as the centre of Greenock and Invergordon are within walking distance.

Edited by majortom10

In Greenock, the Inverclyde Tourist Group offer a number of 2 hour of local tours. You can reserve a place online before you go or find them in the terminal when you arrive. I’d recommend reserving so you get the tour you’d like. The best part is that they are free! Donations are welcome but not compulsory.

We did an excellent tour with them with two very knowledgable guides, and really enjoyed it. Well worth a donation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tours mentioned above are good so worth checking out.

There is a main line train station in Greeenock that takes you into Glasgow central if you want to visit the city museums which are all free or shop on the style mile -best shopping in the UK out with London apparently. Just google ScotRail for the timetable.

There is a small seaside town in the other direction by train, Largs if you want a promenade and good ice cream ” doon the water”

Thanks Guys, I was hoping for a shuttle into Glasgow and Inverness. Looks like a train for the first and P&O excursion for the second.

It is very very easy to get into Inverness either by train or bus from Inverness. The bus stop is very close to the port. Wouldn't waste money on a P&O tour unless you want to see the surrounding countryside. Tbh, Inverness isn't one of my favourite places and so much lovely scenery nearby. The local cruise volunteers have a website which you may find helpful http://www.visitinvergordon.com

I think it was from this port that we did an excursion to Stirling Castle and Falkirk Wheel. Highly recommended.

If you can get both Stirling Castle and the wheel in one trip then that is a really good option. Greenock is only about an hour from Stirling Castle which is an amazing trip through history. The Falkirk wheel would appeal if you are interested in engineering, it works on the Archimedes principle.