Found man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas cabin 9329

We found a man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas on the last day. Too late to turn in, we were on our way out. It was under the felt of the safe, found during a last minute check of the safe. Cruised in early March of 2018. It has an inscription. If anyone can identify, let me know.

Really????? So you kept it?????

Found literally just before we were called to leave the ship....could have left if for the next cabin occupants to find I guess....I just thought I'd try to post it and find owners. It could have been there for a long time, it was tucked under the felt.

Welcome to CC.

You might want to post this in the Roll Call threads for yours and a couple of previous sailings.

Looks like they take the roll calls off after the sailing....? I could not find it. I'm not savvy at these, I literally just created an account because of this band. Guess I should have just left it in the cabin. :(

Looks like they take the roll calls off after the sailing....? I could not find it. I'm not savvy at these, I literally just created an account because of this band. Guess I should have just left it in the cabin. :(

Meh, you had to make a quick decision and you did the right thing. Hard to say if the people behind you would have been has honest as you or taken the time to find the owner. And if it goes into RCCI's lost and found, which I can only imagine has thousands of items in it, who knows what happens to it. If it is that important to the owner, I am sure they will cover avenues like this and RCCI's social media accounts to try and recover it. Or, like I would assume most men would do...they will consider it lost and spend the $100 on a new one.

We found a man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas on the last day. Too late to turn in, we were on our way out. It was under the felt of the safe, found during a last minute check of the safe. Cruised in early March of 2018. It has an inscription. If anyone can identify, let me know.

Here we go again. Too late to turn it in? Guest services doesn't close.

The owner will be contacting the cruiseline hoping they have it, not message boards

At least the OP is trying to find the owner to the ring, if he didn't take it maybe the people in the next cruise keep it and aren't as honest.

OP, maybe you can call the cruise line and see if they can locate the owner in the computer records and send them an email that you have the ring and give them your email address?

At least the OP is trying to find the owner to the ring, if he didn't take it maybe the people in the next cruise keep it and aren't as honest.

OP, maybe you can call the cruise line and see if they can locate the owner in the computer records and send them an email that you have the ring and give them your email address?

Excellent advice.

Really????? So you kept it?????

I found your comment a bit harsh. The OP is in NO way keeping it. I believe I would have done the same , I mean come on RC can't even get there website together, the OP has a much better chance of seeing the owner get the ring back thru CC ...If she was going to keep IT she would've never even started the thread.

Great point

Didn’t this same topic come up last year.

Iirc the person got a lot of abuse. But I think the ring eventually found its way to the owner.

If I was in that situation I would have handed it to a person as I was leaving the ship. There were plenty of officers standing by the gangway saying goodby ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Services! Are you kidding? Who is going to go down there and stand in line with all the people that didn't settle their accounts out or had last minute issues to turn in a found ring?

If not leaving it in the cabin or handing it to the room steward (who is likely close by), it would have been the right thing to do. Certainly not trying to find the owner themselves.

There have been several posts like this in the past and the conciseness in all of them is that

YOU DON"T TAKE AN ITEM OFF THE SHIP THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!!

I found your comment a bit harsh. The OP is in NO way keeping it. I believe I would have done the same , I mean come on RC can't even get there website together, the OP has a much better chance of seeing the owner get the ring back thru CC ...If she was going to keep IT she would've never even started the thread.

That's how I took it as well. OP is making a valiant effort to find the rings owner, and I commend them for that.

On my first cruise I found 2 full suitcases under my bed when I went to tidy mine away. I guess the previous occupants forgot to put them outside the door the night before!!!! RC collected them - i hope their owners got all the clothes back!

On my first cruise I found 2 full suitcases under my bed when I went to tidy mine away. I guess the previous occupants forgot to put them outside the door the night before!!!! RC collected them - i hope their owners got all the clothes back!

That would of really been bad if they weren't heading home and still had a lot of vacation left. I don't know why anyone would put there packed luggage back under their bed.