Allure of The Seas Inside Tips

With a reservation, show up 20 minutes early. Skip Windjammer for lunch on embarkation day and go to central park cafe. Book the Aqua show early in your week, it gets canceled for bad weather and you might not get rescheduled if you're seeing it at the end of the week. In case you don't know, Johnny Rockets is no charge for breakfast before 11. If your going to buy a photo do it on the next to last night. Great salad bar in MDR for sea day lunches, also has small buffet and off the menu items.

• Like 3

Park cafe is delicious with great sandwiches and salads. Avoid the windjammer buffet at all costs, may have been the worst buffet I’ve had at see after 15+ cruises.

There is a secret sun deck on deck 14 forward. Walk all the way forward through the stateroom hallways and you will come to a door leading outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 2

Park cafe is delicious with great sandwiches and salads. Avoid the windjammer buffet at all costs, may have been the worst buffet I’ve had at see after 15+ cruises.

There is a secret sun deck on deck 14 forward. Walk all the way forward through the stateroom hallways and you will come to a door leading outside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Pretty sure access is only on the Starboard side

Where is The best place for The departure view?

Deck 14, observation deck above the bridge wings. Access by going forward as far as possible in the port side passenger corridor through a door.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

No reservation, no seat. Show up an hour before each show to get a good seat.

Some menus and info from this week’s Eastern Caribbean cruise here. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2613542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't usually work for the aquatheater show or the comedy shows.

Deck 14, observation deck above the bridge wings. Access by going forward as far as possible in the port side passenger corridor through a door.

Oops, I seem to have been mistaken, port it is. I can't seem to count that left has 4 letters. :o:o

• Like 1

Hi

Please let me know your inside tips for the allure of The seas

Please share your favorite: spot, food, restaurant, inside tips, bar, fav place, pool, secret place, etc

All tips are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

All advice you've received is good stuff! I would like to emphasize my opinion that there is no need to go to the main buffet. We NEVER used it during our seven days, and never missed fighting crowds and looking for tables.

After 3 days, we discovered the breakfast buffet in the solarium. It's a decent size (I couldn't find any significant items missing), and it felt like maybe 50 people had discovered it. We had our choice of great seating, were able to get our food fast, and having the forward view was a nice bonus as well. Then we'd often pop into the humongous hot tubs the solarium has off each side of the ship. In the early morning, virtually no one was using them.

In the evenings, there will be live music in Central Park. Usually something a little more mellow. We saw string quartet, and a piano/vocalist, etc. It is VERY pleasant, and perhaps even romantic, to stroll through the park, perhaps grab a drink at the bar, and sit and watch for a few minutes. It is just SUPER relaxing.

And let me emphasize the need to reserve your Aqua Theater tickets for the earliest showing you can (we went on the very first evening out of port). It's a very fun show, and yet, if the weather is bad, they have to cancel, and you stand the risk of it never being rescheduled. We ended up seeing it in its entirety twice and even caught our favorite part a third time.

Oh, and be sure to attend The Quest game show. It's always HILARIOUS. (Not for kids though.) It's held in the Ice Rink (don't worry, the ice is covered.) And finally, speaking of the ice rink, you can make reservations in advance for one of the ice shows. I recommend doing so. But they will also have a more kid's oriented show (HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON was what was on last year...not sure about now) that you cannot reserve in advance. We blew it off, assuming it would just be childish, but I've heard many folks remark that it's actually quite good and perhaps better than the other show.

I'm sure I'm forgetting lots more, but other folks will pitch in. It's a VERY fun ship with loads of locations and activities.

• Thanks 1

On a Princess ship, many moons ago, I thought I was following a couple to the "secret" door outside. I followed them halfway into their cabin before I realized what I had done. Luckily they thought it was pretty funny when I explained myself.

• Like 1

On a Princess ship' date=' many moons ago, I thought I was following a couple to the "secret" door outside. I followed them halfway into their cabin before I realized what I had done. Luckily they thought it was pretty funny when I explained myself.[/quote']

That would have been awkward.:)

Just got off Sunday, so jealous of anyone going on this ship! There is so much to do, I had so many things highlighted in my cruise compass. Park Cafe offerings were our favorite, many different salads, sandwiches, and I loved the breakfast sandwiches and taquitos. I would ask them to toast your morning bagel twice, mine was barely toasted. We only made it to the Windjammer once and it was for breakfast. I enjoyed the selections and I wished we had eaten dinner there once because I was not impressed with the MDR menus as I have been in the past. At Chops and Giovanni's, we ordred half portion pastas or 6oz filet and they forced us to order more. I wanted the smaller serving and both servers insisted on bringing us more. We ordered one dessert and they brought us three. Why? Participate in everything that interests you, the 70s party was so much fun, but we almost didn't go, they show it on tv later so we got to see ourselves. We missed the 50s and 60s party, I bet it was fun too. Play dodgeball, pickleball, and table tennis tournaments. Do charades, scattergories, and trivia! OceanAria and Ice Games were awesome, Blue Planet was kind of boring. Sad we missed How to Train your Dragon on ice. I hope you have a great cruise.

These are all fantastic tips. Some others:

--Cannot agree more with the folks suggesting Park Cafe for breakfast or lunch. Awesome little spot.

--I can't speak to any other cabin type other than our inside one, but bring long phone charger cords or extension cords if you want the ability to charge something and have it with you in bed. Outlets aren't nearby.

-Perhaps simply another feature of the inside cabin, but we couldn't get the bathroom light to turn on without flicking the master cabin lights switch. Fairly annoying during sleeping hours. Hoping someone can offer a suggestion for you on that.

--Download the Royal Caribbean app, not Royal IQ.

--If you're so inclined, the pool side bars have Jell-O shots.

--There is a bar between the two FloRiders in the very back of the ship. We often found it not very crowded and it offered a nice view.

--WipeOut Cafe will make eggs to order.

--We missed out on the Solarium when we sailed Anthem, so made it a point to check it out early on Allure, and ended up spending a lot of time there. Nice area, good service, and access to multiple pools and hot tubs is always good.

--If doing My Time Dining, make your reservations ASAP. Same with the shows.

--The Pub-style bar on the Promenade usually had someone working and ready to make drinks around 10-10:30 a.m.

--Those mentioning the forward sun area on Deck 14 are spot on. Pretty neat little spot.

--Do consider Johnny Rocket's for complimentary breakfast before 11. We found it to be a nice change of pace from WJ. Plus, depending on how early you dine, you could catch the AquaTheater show team practicing, which was cool.

• Thanks 2