Does Star Clipper give you times you will be in port

beth555

When I looked at our itinerary in port, there are no times listed in port. Does anyone know if they list this when you get your cruise tickets online?

In a nutshell, NO.

See my review for more information....

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/11/04/star-clipper-java-sea-limited-edition-cruise/

38043546711_3063eaf39e_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found it difficult to book a private tour (or tour outside the ones offered by the ship) since you have no idea when you will arrive or leave a port? We will be on a cruise that includes a few stops in Croatia, and Kotor and would like to set up some of out own tours

Has anyone found it difficult to book a private tour (or tour outside the ones offered by the ship) since you have no idea when you will arrive or leave a port? We will be on a cruise that includes a few stops in Croatia, and Kotor and would like to set up some of out own tours

It is difficult but I imagine you can get the private tour operators to work with you. If you are on the Venice to Athens itinerary, it is very easy to arrange a private taxi or water taxi if you wish at these small ports. They are lined up waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I, too, have been annoyed at the lack of arrival/departure times on Star Clipper cruises although we have done 8!

Go to the purser's office & ask them to look it up for you. They *have* to book a spot to dock or anchor in each port, with arrival & departure times, so they know!

• 2 months later...
I am on a cruise from Venice to Croatia and plan on doing 3 tours on my own, one is private and I only paid one ahead which agreed to a full refund if the ship does not dock

beth555 - I see that you are cruising Venice to Croatia, what is your sailing date?

I sent an email asking for them and received them by the end of that day!

To which Star Clippers addy did you send the email? I've found several, but none of them seem the folk to answer that question.

(As a follow-up, when I went to the actual "book this cruise" page at the Star Clippers site, there was a Chat Line noted on the page. I used that, and they gave me the arrival/departure times -- subject to wind, weather, and whim of the captain -- for each port. Very helpful.)

I used the customer service link on their website and they sent me the ETA at each port which was spot on. This helped me plan some private tours in Dubrovnik,Korcula and Kotor Montenegro. Our private tour guise in Kotor was wonderful and I was glad I booked ahead. I will do a full review soon we were on the royal clipper Croatia, Piren and Montenegro. Two tours one private in Kotor and the private lunch in Piren (ship tour) were both great.

• 2 weeks later...
beth555 - I see that you are cruising Venice to Croatia, what is your sailing date?

Hello FandFmom. We will be on the Oct 6 Star Flyer Sailing from Venice to Athens. You haven't found any CC member traveling on your sailing? I'm puzzled why there is so little participation. I know there are many European passengers but also many North Americans.