Miami Hotel

I will be sailing the Symphony of the Seas and have never stayed in Miami. We have always stayed in Fort Lauderdale. Our favorite is Embassy Suite 17th street as they have free breakfast and free happy hour. pay about 290.00 a night but it's worth it. They also shuttle us to the cruise port for only 8.00

We have also stayed at the Hilton hotels on the beach but Embassy Suites is our favorite.

Does anyone know some great hotels near the Miami cruise port that are similar and very nice

Thank you in advance for your help

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, which overlooks the cruise terminal and is right opposite the Bayside Marketplace, which is a good place to spend a pre cruise evening.I have also stayed at the Intercontinental on Chopin Place a 4star, which is across a park from Bayside. It was more upscale than a Holiday Inn, but I didn't like the location as well.

We enjoy the Intercontinental...it's across the street from the Holiday Inn (they are both "Holiday Inn" properties)....it's on the same side of the street as Bayside Marketplace. We enjoy being about to stroll through the park to Bayside...and you have a view of port!

We spent 2 nights at the Doubletree last time we sailed out of Miami. It was nice There is a small shopping mall on the ground floor connecting the Marriot and Doubletree with shops and a few restaurants. Walking distance to a Publix. Close to a free Peoplemover stop, so that you can take it down to Harbor Side for even more shops and restaurants. :D

I will be sailing the Symphony of the Seas and have never stayed in Miami. We have always stayed in Fort Lauderdale. Our favorite is Embassy Suite 17th street as they have free breakfast and free happy hour. pay about 290.00 a night but it's worth it. They also shuttle us to the cruise port for only 8.00

We have also stayed at the Hilton hotels on the beach but Embassy Suites is our favorite.

Does anyone know some great hotels near the Miami cruise port that are similar and very nice

Thank you in advance for your help

Also check the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We've started in Intercontinental a few times and like the proximity to Bayside for a stroll and for food and drinks - nice hotel too and right next to people mover and was easy to get there straight from airport with luggage without having to use taxis.

The Hampton Inn Brickell is the best deal for downtown/Brickell.

We are staying there on the 3d of May for our 4 May sailing. What's the best way to get to the port and why do you say it's the best deal for downtown? Price, location, service? Thanks in advance.

We love Embassy Suites when we stay in Fort Lauderdale, too. But the past few years we have found that we love Miami. We have stayed at Intercontinental and it is a great location to walk everywhere. We do Not liking flying into Miami, the airport is too big - we still fly into Fort Lauderdale and take SAS transportation to Miami. Our favorite hotel is Miami Marriott at Biscayne Bay. Nice house restaurant and we take the "People Mover" to the bay front!

Flying into Miami or FLL? :confused:

If FLL then stay at the ES you love and use Uber, Lyft or a shared shuttle to get to POM the morning of your cruise.

If MIA, then it depends upon when you arrive. If arriving late and you just want dinner and a bed then the hotels out near MIA, including the Embassy Suites MIA will work for you. Otherwise, head downtown (about a $25+ taxi ride or under $20 in an Uber) to one of the hotels suggested above. We like the Doubletree -- some rooms offer a view of the port, the pool area is fantastic, but not as many dining/nightlife options nearby as you'll find in the Mary Brickell area.

Have a great cruise! ;)

I loved the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Drug stores and a grocery store that all sell wine, some restaurants, and a Starbucks within easy walking distance (as in you can see them from the hotel's parking lot). Shuttle to the port was $10. Super nice Hampton Inn and the staff was awesome!

We use this one as well. There is a good Cuban restaurant across the street, parking is free and it's an easy ride to the port in the morning.

I agree that it depends when you arrive. If just one night and you’re crashing before the cruise then any cheap hotel will do. Staying 2 nights or more pre cruise? Try the Doubletree in Biscayne Bay. Beautiful area, you can see the ships, and easy walking to a grocery store for last minute items.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Devotee of the Hampton Brickell. Shuttle to port is $8.00. Just sign up at the downstairs concierge desk after you check in. Easy walking distance to all sorts of nice restaurants. Short walk to the People Mover to journey to Bayside Market. Also, a nice shopping area past Mary Brickell Village that's an easy walk from the hotel. Publix market about 3 blocks away. Nice breakfast and there were free cocktails offered at my visit before the last one. (Alcohol doesn't like me so I didn't inquire this time since I was traveling solo. I gave my coupons to my friend previously.)

The Hampton Inn Brickell is my favorite Miami hotel. They have a shuttle to the port and it is close to the Metromover so you can explore the city. I also stay at the Embassy suites in Ft. Lauderdale.

We are staying there on the 3d of May for our 4 May sailing. What's the best way to get to the port and why do you say it's the best deal for downtown? Price, location, service? Thanks in advance.

Yes, great location, great price, includes breakfast and drinks, within walking distance to tons of great dining.

Thank you everyone. I will be spending 2 days prior to the cruise in Miami.

I will check out the hotels and also the people mover

Thanks for the help

Honestly, if you are spending two nights, stay in South Beach. There are some great moderate hotels like: The Richmond, South Seas, Clinton, Crest, etc. It is walkable to tons of shopping, dining, and attractions.