"New" Rooms on Enchantment -- Any Scoop?

pucarter

Does anyone know if there are significant differences among the Enchantment cabins within the stretched (and new) portion of the ship versus the older cabins? Someone alluded to "newer better TVs, bigger bathrooms" in an EOS review, but they weren't actually in one of the newer cabins.

Any info you can provide (to include approximate cabin numbers of the stretched portion -- I know they'll differ from deck to deck based on cabin category) would be appreciated.

Thanks! Rebeccah

I would love to know this too. Dh & I will be crusing on EOS in June for our anniversary. We'll be in 7582 which I read somewhere that that cabin is located in the new section. What section will you be in?

Any insight from anyone would be great. :D

As we'll be on the same cruise as you on, the 2nd deck... I am also awaiting to see if anyone has more specific info on the new cabins!

Also, anyone know if there is new bedding in just the "new cabins" or all of the cabins on the Enchantment?

thanks!

Hi All,

We will be on the Enchantment next week (15 Jan). I have an inside room, not in the newer section. But will try to take a peek at the newer sections while on board and let you all know.

Also, go to CruiseDiva . com, under reviews, selected Royal Caribbean and they have a link that talks about the extension with photos. They are pretty awesome.

This may not be real helpful but I found this through a websearch. It was mentioned in a review of the new EOS posted by Carolyn Spencer Brown, Editor of Cruise Critic. I was really excited to read this seeing that our cabin is in the new section, at least I think it is.

"If you can, whatever the category, try to book one of the cabins in the new section; we snuck a peek and televisions were new (and quite large), furnishings were dynamically colored and bathrooms definitely reflected a new-ship mindset (better storage, rolling shower divider rather than a wrap-around nylon curtain)."

Thank you so much for the info (and HI!!! to Mike&Nikki!;) ).

We're going to be in 7573 -- I had the TA double-check with the company to verify that cabin was in the stretched portion. We'll see -- I remember reading a post last week where someone wrote "We were supposed to be in 'the stretch' but we weren't..." they still had fun, as will we.:D

But any additional information anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. All I know is the ship looks really cool from the pictures on the Royal Caribbean website, and we've been on her "sister" ships Grandeur and Vision. I've already told my husband that if he needs to find me, I'll be at Boleros with a HUGE mojito! :p

we are on the 10/22 sailing of eos. i was also looking for the "new" rooms. I read on these boards somewhere that all cat d1's on deck 8 were new so that's what we booked. rooms 8582 - 8576 and insides 8571 and 8577. i hope we were right but if not at least we're on a cruise and not at work!!!!

Does anyone know if there are significant differences among the Enchantment cabins within the stretched (and new) portion of the ship versus the older cabins?

I sailed EOS in November 2006 (Inside-Deck 3) and can tell you that I personally inspected both the new and old section cabins on this deck. Bedding is brand new for both and very nice. Rooms are really very similar and well maintained, with the only difference being a new circular shower door (Star Trek "beam me up" style) in the "new" section. Other than that, if I didn't know it ahead of time, I wouldn't have noticed a difference. The older section does not seem old, worn or anything of the sort. TV's were the same. There were no refigerators in these inside cabins. I would never hesitate to book the Deck 3 "older" section if that's all that was available or if I liked the location better. Like I mentioned, I can only speak from my recent experience in this specific section only and of course, the information is from my own research and cannot be guaranteed correct (although to the best of my knowledge it is).

If you are on Deck 3 and wish a room in the new section, the inside cabins are as follows:

3075, 3073, 3071, 3569, 3571, 3573, 3575, 3077, 3079, 3081, 3877, 3879, 3881, 3577, 3579, 3581, 3583.

The Deck 3 outside cabins are:

3068, 3070, 3072, 3074, 3076, 3078, 3080, 3082, 3568, 3570, 3572, 3574, 3576, 3578, 3580, 3582.

Hope this helps.

What great information! Thank you all so much for the input. I'm really looking forward to taking this cruise -- it'll be our first time in a Royal Caribbean "Inside" -- I remember seeing the ones on Grandeur and thinking "Wow -- they look very nice." It'll be interesting to see how they compare to Disney and HAL's interior cabins.

Hello, My husband and I travelled on the Enchantment this past Sept. and stayed in Balcony room 7636. We thought the room was great, very new looking and the bathroom was very clean and modern. It was very nice having the balcony as we ordered breakfast to our room and ate on balcony every morning. The ship is one of the smaller ones and that's how I like it. Everyone including the staff were very personable and made our trip even better. We are not rich, but left a hefty tip for our room steward along with daily small gifts (chocolate, gum, tolietries etc). They treated us very special.

Enjoy your trip, we thought it was wonderful and would travel that ship any day.

We are going to try a larger ship Jan28/07, Adventure of the Seas. I can only hope we have the same experience.

Thanks, hope this helps, sorry for rambling

Ontario, Canada

I booked an inside guarantee. Once my cabin was assigned, i called my TA to see if i could switch to a "new" cabin in same category. She called RCCL and spoke with agent who put her on hold for 10 minutes while she supposedly got a supervisor to research if it was a "new" cabin. She told me it was. Then today i read the posts listing the cabins that were in the new section and mine was not one of them. I called the cruiseline and the agent told me that they do not have a list of which ones were in that section. He also put me on hold to get a supervisor and that answer was the same-mine is not in the newer section. The agent could not believe that i had all the cabin numbers that were in the new section. This site is more powerful than we think:) Anyhow, not getting upset as my cabin is midship which is better than the original one assigned in the bow so am happy just to be going on vacation. Will try our luck at the pier. Just goes to show how misinformation travels.....

We just got off Enchantment - 1/11 - 1/15. We were in connecting rooms 7570 & 7572 - It was the new section and the rooms were really nice. My daughter and her husband were in 7558. There was definitely a difference between our room and theirs. The woodwork in the interior of the cabin was much brighter and newer looking, as well as the furniture. The beds were so comfortable!! And the comforter was so nice. I slept really well - I would have loved to take the bed and bedding home with me!!

:D What great info you all have! You know, V. Fool, I had read on other posts that if you call RCCL 3 different times, you can expect 3 different answers...and Ginny-Lo, thanks for that first-hand account of the differences. You all are GREAT!!!! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
The ones right behind the aft elevators, they added about 90 ft on when they strecthed the ship a few years back.

Jimbo:)

Not necessarly true.we had 8073(in front of the aft elevator) and it was a new one.............

I just want to know how far back the rest of the new ones are..........

:)

We just got off Enchantment - 1/11 - 1/15. We were in connecting rooms 7570 & 7572 - It was the new section and the rooms were really nice. My daughter and her husband were in 7558. There was definitely a difference between our room and theirs. The woodwork in the interior of the cabin was much brighter and newer looking, as well as the furniture. The beds were so comfortable!! And the comforter was so nice. I slept really well - I would have loved to take the bed and bedding home with me!!

My husband and I and our best friends are cruisin out 3/3 on Enchanment and staying in the exact same rooms 7570 and 7572. I was concerned with our room 7570 because it said it had a 3rd pullman bed available does this mean it does not have a sofa? I was wondering about that. I am so glad your review say yhte beds were comfortable I was really worried about that. Do the balconys attach? How was the rooms in placement as far as elevators and noise or any other info you have. Thanks so much. First time cruisers here!!!!