Transport from EWR to Manhatten Hotel- expert advice please

nini

We ( 2 adults) are arriving at EWR about 3:00 pm on Friday, Sept. 21

Hotel will most likely be sort of close to Times Square/ Central Park.

We know NOTHING about NYC- please comment on how you would

get there?

Also, transportation for 4 adults from the same hotel to the Brooklyn

cruise port on a Saturday.

And finally, getting from Brooklyn cruise port back to EWR (2 adults) on a Saturday.

Many thanks!

The name and location of your hotel would help. Times Square is not really near Central Park. A taxi from EWR to Manhattan is a terrible idea; look at a car service (Dial 7 or Carmel), the Airtrain connection to Penn Station, or the airport bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Avenue & 42nd Street) instead.

The name and location of your hotel would help. Times Square is not really near Central Park. A taxi from EWR to Manhattan is a terrible idea; look at a car service (Dial 7 or Carmel), the Airtrain connection to Penn Station, or the airport bus to Port Authority Bus Terminal (8th Avenue & 42nd Street) instead.

Yeah, I was shaking my head at that first response, along with the Times Square and Central Park location. Millions of people ride buses and subways in NYC every week. It works well.

Newark Airport to Manhattan or Brooklyn to Newark Airport is an interstate trip between NJ and NY subject to tolls, traffic congestion, and potentially NYC yellow cab meters and rate regulations. This is why booking a reputable car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo for any interstate travel is highly recommended. You can get online quotes and expect to pay the base price plus 18-20% tip plus $15-20+ in tolls depending on the route taken.

As mentioned public transit is also an option for your arrival. IMO the train from the Newark Airport Station to New York Penn Station and cab to your hotel will likely be the quickest way during a Friday afternoon rush hour. Details can be provided if you want to do that.

Thanks for the info. We have not yet booked the hotel, so I could not provide that.

We are considering one the says it is "convenient to walking to Times Square

and Central Park", so that is all I have to go on.

Unfortunately, the best flights for us fly into and out of EWR.

Being from the west coast, we glaze over with a subway concept. Sorry

about that. :eek:

Thanks for the info. We have not yet booked the hotel, so I could not provide that.

We are considering one the says it is "convenient to walking to Times Square

and Central Park", so that is all I have to go on.

Unfortunately, the best flights for us fly into and out of EWR.

Being from the west coast, we glaze over with a subway concept. Sorry

about that. :eek:

What exactly are you looking at that doesn't give the hotel name? Are you looking at a blind hotel on Hotwire or Priceline?

If you post your hotel budget and bed size requirements for Sep 21, folks can assist you. Unfortunately, you're coming at one of the busiest times of the year and hotel prices are at their very highest.

On lastminutetravel.com I'm seeing the Michaelangelo for $267 (about $305 with taxes) nonrefundable. This hotel is very nice and often recommended on this board. It's exactly where you want to be in Manhattan between Times Square and Central Park between 5th and 6th Ave. For your date this is a very reasonable price for Manhattan.

Join lastminutetravel.com to get their best rates.

I think of the PATH as a train, I’ve honestly never heard of it called a subway here.

I think for “out of towners” subway is a good description so they know what it entails. Not everyone is comfortable with riding completely underground.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

138east-

Yes, we looked at The Michelangelo and I was able to find the rate

you did. I called them about added taxes and he told me how to find that.

But, guess what? They also add a "Residence Fee" of $45.00 (includes a

$10.00 drink voucher, pool access, etc.) We can use the drink voucher and the

rest is useless. But, it looks great! So, the total would be about $350.00 which is

fine at this point.

Also, I did some research and please correct me if needed; it looks like we can

take the Airtrain from EWR to Penn Station in NYC. Very reasonable- we will not

have many bags.

My sister wants to stay close to Times Square, otherwise we would be looking close to the Brooklyn

Port.

Can not help the time of year, it is what it is.

Love CC!

I did some research and please correct me if needed; it looks like we can

take the Airtrain from EWR to Penn Station in NYC.

Not exactly. You take the Airtrain from EWR to the Newark Liberty International Airport Station, where you will change to a NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station.

Not exactly. You take the Airtrain from EWR to the Newark Liberty International Airport Station, where you will change to a NJ Transit train to New York Penn Station.

Is Newark Liberty International Airport Station actually part of EWR airport or is it just "close to" EWR?

I'm asking because, we were originally going to fly into LGA on Friday May 10 for our Saturday Dawn cruise and take Dial 7 or Carmellimo to our hotel at 135 W 30th St.

But now I'm thinking it might be better to fly into EWR and take the NJ Transit train to Penn Station to avoid getting stuck in traffic. We will each have one large rolling suitcase and backpacks. I'm just concerned about the logistics of using public transport with luggage.

Does the Airtrain drop you right at the NJ Transit station? If not, about how far is the walk from Airtrain to NJ Transit?

Also after the cruise, would it be better to take the NCL transfer bus (or a car service) to LGA and fly out from there? Or should we take the NJ Transit train back to EWR and fly from there?

Thanks

Is Newark Liberty International Airport Station actually part of EWR airport or is it just "close to" EWR?

Does the Airtrain drop you right at the NJ Transit station? If not, about how far is the walk from Airtrain to NJ Transit?

Also after the cruise, would it be better to take the NCL transfer bus (or a car service) to LGA and fly out from there? Or should we take the NJ Transit train back to EWR and fly from there?

Thanks

This video will explain the process of train travel from EWR to NY Penn Station.

The airtrain(monorail) will stop at the EWR train station. From the station you will have a short walk to the platforms. You want to travel on NJ Transit trains not Amtrak trains. Do not confuse Newark Penn Station stop with NY Penn Station.

This video will explain the process of train travel from EWR to NY Penn Station.

The airtrain(monorail) will stop at the EWR train station. From the station you will have a short walk to the platforms. You want to travel on NJ Transit trains not Amtrak trains. Do not confuse Newark Penn Station stop with NY Penn Station.

Thank you for the great video!!

Seeing the train system in action step by step is a tremendous help to us.

My hubby just had shoulder surgery so transferring between trains isn’t really an option with our luggage. We don’t know anything about New York. What would be our best option. Is uber and lyft not a good option from EWR to the Manhattan cruise port and back from cruise port to EWR? Starting to get nervous because we aren’t used to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums