Sydney Harbor dinner cruise

rhsjr

I can't recommend a specific dinner cruise but I do recommend doing a harbour trip at night. Sydney harbour is just as gorgeous at night as it is in the daytime.

Another option is to catch a ferry to Manly late afternoon, spend some time exporing, have dinner in Manly, then catch the ferry back to Circular Quay once it gets dark.

I can thoroughly recommend Captain Cook Cruises for Harbour cruises, day or night. Very nice staff, good food & you can pay a bit extra and have a guaranteed window seat. If the weather is fine, the view from the top deck is great.

If you're lucky you may even see Captain Cook himself, although I don't think he is the 'real' Captain Cook ;p

Whichever you choose, just make sure you do a Harbour cruise, or at least a few ferry rides.

I can thoroughly recommend Captain Cook Cruises for Harbour cruises, day or night. Very nice staff, good food & you can pay a bit extra and have a guaranteed window seat. If the weather is fine, the view from the top deck is great.

If you're lucky you may even see Captain Cook himself, although I don't think he is the 'real' Captain Cook ;p

Whichever you choose, just make sure you do a Harbour cruise, or at least a few ferry rides.

Speaking of Captain Cook.

A few years ago we were in Cooktown, on the arse-end of Far North Queensland and we managed to convince a few tourists that the good captain stayed at the Captain Cook hotel and bought provisions at the local store. (Of course not that exact store, but the current store d's at the exact same location than the original one...)

Try to go early evening before the sun sets so you get the beautiful daylight views, the sunset and the gorgeous night views.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Theoretically 100% correct.

However unless you book a dedicated "sunset cruise" , your option is pretty much limited to the regular commuter ferry boats.

Again, the Manly ferry wins hands down. Just find out when sunset is, and take the appropriate ferry