What We Like To Do In Barbados

Keith1010

Your photos are great. Do you happen to have your posts in a Word or PDF format? If so, would you post a link please?

Thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately I wrote each one as I posted them so I don't have them in Word or PDF format.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Never having been to Barbados before we have 2 days pre cruise to do some excursions can you recommend a couple of must see places to get a taste of Barbados ?

You could look at doing an island tour.

I would look at Trip Advisor to get a good sense of the possibilities.

Keith

thanks I looked on Trip adviser first however issue is there are a lot of the same things to see / visit eg views , gardens, distilleries beaches etc Just need help with which are more recommended than others . We have such a short space of time I want to make the most of our visit

• 2 months later...
Never having been to Barbados before we have 2 days pre cruise to do some excursions can you recommend a couple of must see places to get a taste of Barbados ?

Unique to Barbados: Harrison’s Cave and the coast near Bathsheba (Soup Bowl). World famous resorts are Sandy Lane ($$$spa$$$) and Crane Beach. You’ll recognize Crane beach if you go there, but be sure to check the forums on TripAdvisor about seaweed if you’re traveling this summer. The local specialty is “flying fish,” and if you like spicy, be sure to put some of their spicy pepper sauce on it. Snorkeling with turtles is also popular. Barbados is a large island, so cost of taxis can get pricy. An island tour might be a good way to go to see the island. I once rented a car, and it was easy to drive on the island, but the roads were not well marked, so I do not recommend it. Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I so enjoyed your review of Barbados, as I probably haven't been there in almost 20 years.:o

I enjoyed seeing all your pictures, and LOVE the pastel colors of the buildings, as I'm a pastel person as well.:)

My friend that will be with me, has some walking issues. Do you have any idea how much a cab fair to town would be pp?

I don't know if anyone would see my posting here, but I wonder if there is a tour agency in Barbados that takes people around, and also will take them to town for a little bit, and then bring them back to the ship?

In Barbados, you mentioned that we could walk along the water side to reach town. Could you give me an idea how far the walk is from the ship port, time wise? I'm just wondering if we need to take a Taxi, as I have a friend that cannot do a lot of walking?

In Barbados, you mentioned that we could walk along the water side to reach town. Could you give me an idea how far the walk is from the ship port, time wise? I'm just wondering if we need to take a Taxi, as I have a friend that cannot do a lot of walking?

I would say about 45 minutes to get downtown on a walk.

If your friend cannot do a lot of walking I would take a taxi and that way you can do walking once downtown.

Keith

I'll add my thanks to the others. I've been to Barbados many times but I have to say it's always been a beach day for me. If we get "beached out" on our upcoming 11 night Equinox cruise I may recreate your trip. With a mandatory stop for a flying fish sandwich! Thanks for the ideas and the photos.

• 5 months later...

Really enjoyed seeing your pictures with the description of Barbados.  I really like the pastel colors of the buildings. We plan to be there the first week of April.

In one of your pictures, you showed fruit (bananas, etc.) being sold on the street.  I like eating fruit, but since my immune system is not always up to par, do you think I should take a chance and buy a banana or fruit?  I know this is only YOUR opinion, but thought I would ask.