Koningsdam Cabins

TexasHikers

Yes the dividers can be opened, just ask your cabin steward and he will unlock them for you. We have 11 balcony cabins on the Koningsdam next March and are looking forward to spending time on the balconies all opened up!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Hi there! I’m looking to book a block of rooms for our cruise next summer in the Koningsdam. Did you book as a group? Which deck are your cabins on? All my friends are first time cruisers and I’m trying to help pick a block of rooms on the same floor. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are looking at sailing on the Koningsdam in March, 2018. In the past, we have selected guarantee cabins and have been very fortunate with upgrades and final cabin assignments. However, this year, we are looking at some of the Verandas -- more specifically with what looks like large balconies and selecting our own cabin rather than a guarantee.

Would like opinions of what you think would be a good choice. Cabin VH4044 or VH 4043. Cabin V5096 or V5113, V5141, Cabin V6128 or V6143.

We sailed on the Nieu Amsterdam a few years ago and our guarantee ended up in one of the cabins with a balcony that they classified as obstructed because the life boat was to the side of it, but this was a fantastic cabin for us. The balcony was deep enough for two loungers and then two chairs and a table toward the front. We just loved the cabin, so thought that the above looked like they might have the deep balconies.

Also, wanted your thinking on the VH 4044 or VH 4043 since these rooms are wider -- but the balconies look large, but not necessarily deep.

Was hoping some of you had stayed in one of these or had more experience with deck plans to determine size.

In advance, thanks so much for your help!

This will be celebrating our 45th anniversary.

What did you end up picking? Happy anniversary!

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so I searched through this one for the best tips for cabins.

Out of the ones listed in this thread, the following rooms are still available for our 2019 Ancient Empire Cruise (July) - they all are roughly the same price per person ($3059).

Does anyone have any additional commentary, additional verandah suggestions or recent experiences? I’m looking to block off 6 verandah rooms on the same deck.

V6128

V5113

V6142

Not available: 5048, 4154, 4043, 4044

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone stayed in cabin 1177 on Koningsdam, is there a noise problem? will be sailing transatlantic April 2019

I'm following because we booked cabin 1175 for our 2020 cruise. I'd rather spend the extra money on a retreat cabana.

The Koningsdam has some odd cabins. We're booked in an interior triple and the TV is mounted above the sofa, which doesn't make a lot of sense since you can't sit on the couch and watch it.

Flat screen TV mounted on the wall over the sofa seems to be the new thing. Just off the Nieuw Amsterdam that had a dry dock last December and the tv which used to be on the desk is now on the wall over the sofa.

Flat screen TV mounted on the wall over the sofa seems to be the new thing. Just off the Nieuw Amsterdam that had a dry dock last December and the tv which used to be on the desk is now on the wall over the sofa.

Interesting, and makes no logical sense in my opinion.

Can anyone comment on 6152 or 6169. Many thanks!
We too have 6152 booked for a 24 day TA. Would love to see photos and input
I just booked 6152. Any thoughts? It looks like it has an extra triangle of a space in the room.

This thread has info about 7134, which is right above it and seems to be the same size.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2534259

• 1 month later...
Yes the dividers can be opened, just ask your cabin steward and he will unlock them for you. We have 11 balcony cabins on the Koningsdam next March and are looking forward to spending time on the balconies all opened up!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Wow! 11 balcony cabins together.... We're on K-Dam in late March; would have been nice to get adjoining large balconies, but the other couple in our party already have a cabin on another floor. Will definitely look into connecting rooms and unlocking balcony dividers in the future. Thanks for the info.

We are booked on deck 7... On the Nieuw Statendam.

I looked at Navigation Deck, Forward, and it seems to be very nice.... But, I believe that these decks are not totally, 100% covered. Seems that the overhang is a foot or two short?????

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, the bridge would be like, right there...

So, we chose Deck 7.

• 2 months later...