Chain bar/restaurant near the pier?

holdon216

Haven't been to Costa Maya in about 8 years. I cant recall what chain bar/restaurant was right near the pier?? But we had great drinks and nachos. Thanks!

Can’t help with name of bar but remember from years ago there was a bar near the pool and then a 2-storey bar. I think the Pool Bar may have been Snr Frogs at one time?

However I recently found this article, after my recent visit, and have to admit I didn’t realize there were now this many, although none seem to be chains, and I don’t know which would be the 2- storey?

https://costamaya.com/2017/12/27/bar-hopping-costa-maya/#

Appears according to their website that Sr. Frogs has pulled out of Costa Maya entirely. They had previously closed their Mahahual location a few years back.

Also there has been a change in management/ownership of the port. Thus there appears to be more attractions to keep people in port than before. So until someone comes back to these boards and opines on these new places, we probably won't know if they are any good or simply a carry-over from prior overpriced drinks and mediocre expensive food.

But most likely with the additional pier spaces fro more ships, they are probably getting ready to take advantage of an increase in port traffic.

Appears according to their website that Sr. Frogs has pulled out of Costa Maya entirely. They had previously closed their Mahahual location a few years back.

Also there has been a change in management/ownership of the port. Thus there appears to be more attractions to keep people in port than before. So until someone comes back to these boards and opines on these new places, we probably won't know if they are any good or simply a carry-over from prior overpriced drinks and mediocre expensive food.

But most likely with the additional pier spaces fro more ships, they are probably getting ready to take advantage of an increase in port traffic.

Crew, interested to know how you know the ownership has changed?

Certainly there have been a lot of changes to the port in recent years and I have only recently found the above website but haven’t actually seen that there have been official changes?

Crew, interested to know how you know the ownership has changed?

Certainly there have been a lot of changes to the port in recent years and I have only recently found the above website but haven’t actually seen that there have been official changes?

Mr. Uhl from Tropicante mentioned it in a recent email post where he also spoke about the expanding pier. No idea who they are or if it's just new management and the Tequilla Beach owner still has a large interest. But does appear that there are changes going on.

Would love to see what's happening along the main drag in Neuvo Mahahual ( Las Casitas). There was a lot of construction going on the last time we were there. And wonder if anything is happening over at Cha Chi or if that little pathway around the left of the cruiseport to the beach between the cruise port and the lighthouse is still there. Looked like there were condos or houses going up all along that area facing the beach.

DW is back there next April, I'm not due back until Feb 2020.

Mr. Uhl from Tropicante mentioned it in a recent email post where he also spoke about the expanding pier. No idea who they are or if it's just new management and the Tequilla Beach owner still has a large interest. But does appear that there are changes going on.

Would love to see what's happening along the main drag in Neuvo Mahahual ( Las Casitas). There was a lot of construction going on the last time we were there. And wonder if anything is happening over at Cha Chi or if that little pathway around the left of the cruiseport to the beach between the cruise port and the lighthouse is still there. Looked like there were condos or houses going up all along that area facing the beach.

DW is back there next April, I'm not due back until Feb 2020.

THanks for update. We are booked to go next March but looking likely that we will have to cancel.