Star Princess entertainment

Idratherbeatsea

• 9 months later...

Just did the northbound Alaska cruise on Star Princess (June 2018). We only saw British Invasion, which was very good. The rest of the “performance shows” were try-out and the finale for “Voice of the Seas” which didn’t interest us.

There were a couple good “North to Alaska” presentations by the man who wrote A Wolf Called Romeo, which we enjoyed having followed that story, as well as additional Alaska-themed programming that overlapped our port times so we missed them.

We went to several shows. I personally wasn't that impressed with them. They were ok, and something to do at night, but on shore I wouldn't have bothered. My husband and daughter went to the show on the last night that was designed around The Voice. They said it was amazing and the best show of the week. Of course they are using passengers so I guess it's as good as the talent that week.

They were ok, and something to do at night, but on shore I wouldn't have bothered.

I have to agree - but I have lower expectations from cruise shows then I do for theater when I’ve paid $75+ for tix.

We though British Invasion was very good but I would have been disappointed paying DC area theater prices on land for this. Nevertheless good cruise ship show.

The Voice I heard people say the finale was good but I don’t enjoy watching those shows at home so didn’t bother on vacation 😃

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off on 7/28. Overall, I'd say entertainment was average, at best. We went to Voice of the Seas auditions, and unless they improved immensely, we decided it wasn't worth our time to attend the finals. The magician/comedian was pretty good. They had a woman named Teacake signing Whitney Houston songs. She was good. The only things I would strongly recommend are the natualist's talks.

I usually find the production shows at their best to be below professional land productions, but a notch above a good university theatre department. Performers are talented, but haven’t polished their skills to the point where they can reliably bring it night after night. The more a line spends on entertainment, the better the performers.

The talent-type shows like the Voice of the Seas auditions are very cheap to produce. You aren’t paying the bulk of the people doing the performing.

We can’t wait to get on the Star in October, and we’ll go and probably enjoy every show. Overall, though, I have found Princess entertainment in the main theatre to be noticeably inferior to RCL. I love Princess for other reasons, but not because of their entertainment offerings.

I usually find the production shows at their best to be below professional land productions, but a notch above a good university theatre department. Performers are talented, but haven’t polished their skills to the point where they can reliably bring it night after night. The more a line spends on entertainment, the better the performers.

The talent-type shows like the Voice of the Seas auditions are very cheap to produce. You aren’t paying the bulk of the people doing the performing.

We can’t wait to get on the Star in October, and we’ll go and probably enjoy every show. Overall, though, I have found Princess entertainment in the main theatre to be noticeably inferior to RCL. I love Princess for other reasons, but not because of their entertainment offerings.

We hope that is not true about the shows when we go on our 15 night Hawaii cruise next December 4th 2019 . We were on Star Princess when she was new & we remember fabulous entertainment with a great comedian :p