What was the best deal you ever got on a Princess Cruise?

1AL

Jan 2015 booked a suite on 5 day western Caribbean with 100% of the fare refunded to my CC account for use towards our next cruise. Next cruise was already booked for July that year making it virtually free [emoji847]

Also booked several cruises 5 day cruises fall 2013 for $199pp with $200 OBC, add on loyalty, FCD and TA perks they were basically free cruises.

Patiently waiting and watching for these types of promotions to return.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

December, 2017. $1300.00 incl.taxes and fees for a 7 day Caribbean. This was for 2 in an unobstructed balcony on the Regal. Had already been booked on NCL for the week prior, but couldn't pass that up, so we wound up going on both cruises. Next Princess cruise: 2019 Alaska on the Ruby.

Total cruise price cash back as future cruise credit (Only to be used towards another cruise) on a California Coastal 4 day getaway a few years ago. It was CRAZY!!!!!!, never to be repeated. Anyone remember that?

Yes, we did it.

Our best deal was our Med cruise on the Royal last September. Got a move offer to switch from our mini suite to a Lido deuxe balcony. Gave us 100% of our fare as refundable obc and even still retained our $400 obc. Got quite a bit of it back as we didn't spend much on board. Best move ever as we really liked the Lido deluxe balcony.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I took our two sons and daughters-in-laws, baby grand-daughter and my mother on a Mexican Riviera cruise in 2009. Hubby and I reserved two rear mini-suites for ourselves and the son and daughter-in-law with the baby. For our other son and daughter-in-law and my mother, we reserved two balcony rooms. A few months go by and we received a call from Princess asking if we would be willing to relinquish our two corner cabins. "Not really", I replied. "We wanted the balcony space and location. That is why we booked early for this cruise." "Well", replied Princess, "we have guests that have specifically asked for these cabins." "Yes, I understand", said I. "We want them too." "Is there nothing I can do to encourage you to release the cabins?" Princess asked. "Not really", I replied. "Nothing?" asked Princess. Then I thought for a moment, and decided that it would do no harm to ask; "How about if you upgrade the balcony rooms to mini-suites with no extra charge?" Princess, "Oh no! I don't think that would be possible." "Well then, I guess that's it then." "Well, let me check." "OK" "Mrs. Wilson, we would be happy to accommodate your request. Thank you for relinquishing the cabins." I have often wondered who exactly wanted those specific cabins on that cruise. Doesn't matter really. We all had a fabulous time. Our mini-suites were on the same deck and located within mid-ship near the elevators. Fabulous trip, fabulous memories.

My best deal as a single was the old Crown Princess, Tahiti to Hawaii, 1999, outside cabin, straight fare no single supplement added, plus the air was reasonable. It was cheaper than a 11 day Caribbean cruise I was checking out for the Southern route. Haven't had a deal like it since! :)

Addition: I did get my 1st upgrade (30+ cruises, not all with Princess) last year on the Royal! Booked an inside Emerald deck for Fall transatlantic, got a deluxe obstructed balcony on Emerald, which wasn't a major obstruction to me. I'm on the Royal in October, don't think it will happen again!

THAT IS AMAZING!!! I want to find one of these mistake fares.:D

I know - I kept waiting for Princess to contact us and tell us no way! I actually stressed about until we were safely on the ship; even worried that they'd turn us away at embarkation in Warnemunde!

BTW, it was a great cruise! We had a fabulous time!

Our best deal was $199 for a 15-day Trans-Atlantic on the Caribbean Princess last September. We got $600 in OBC (Shareholder, FCD, and $100 each that was given to everyone on board due to itinerary changes), so it was like getting the cruise for free.

On top of that, we got an upsell offer of $139pp to go from an inside to a balcony. Our friends took the upsell and ended up getting upgraded to a minisuite for the same price.

a thread like this reminds me of why we always get a table for 2 ...:rolleyes:

and no, I don't do fakebook, instagram, have a twitter account or follow anybody...

pretty sure my Myspace account...

Edited by voljeep

a thread like this reminds me of why we always get a table for 2 ...:rolleyes:

and no, I don't do fakebook, instagram, have a twitter account or follow anybody...

pretty sure my Myspace account...

What don't you like about (the people in) this thread?

Actually our best deal is coming up in Jan 2019. Early last year I had booked a 10 day in a suite at 2464 pp. Then I finally hit Elite in Sept. Surprisingly I got a phone call after I returned home from my personal cruise consultant (never used one before). She introduced herself, congratulated me on becoming Elite and stated she exclusively works with Elite passengers and can usually get better pricing than I can on my own. She wanted to know if I needed to book anything else at the time, which I didn't.

Then she said well I see you have one booked for Jan of 19 let see what I can do for you on that cruise. She came back on and said I can get you down to 863 pp but I lose the beverage package but get free grats and OBC. I repeated it back to her and made her repeat it just to be sure.

So to break it down:

Original Fare 4928 - New Fare 1726

Beverage Pkg 0 - 1379 ( If I opt to buy it, probably won't since I get 2 mini bar setups lol)

Gratuities 310 - 0

OBC 0 - 450

Bottom Line 5238 old pricing. 2655 new pricing but take off beverage pkg total is only 1276

So total win!

Actually our best deal is coming up in Jan 2019. Early last year I had booked a 10 day in a suite at 2464 pp. Then I finally hit Elite in Sept. Surprisingly I got a phone call after I returned home from my personal cruise consultant (never used one before). She introduced herself, congratulated me on becoming Elite and stated she exclusively works with Elite passengers and can usually get better pricing than I can on my own. She wanted to know if I needed to book anything else at the time, which I didn't.

Since she's a Princess Cruise Consultant...are you allowed to name her? I'm Elite and have never gotten a call from any cruise consultants.:(

Since she's a Princess Cruise Consultant...are you allowed to name her? I'm Elite and have never gotten a call from any cruise consultants.:(

If you dare to post even just the instructions on how to be assigned a PCC--never mind the name and extension of a specific one--it gets deleted post haste.

Since I recently turned Elite I have been receiving e-mails listing specific sailings that I can get a "special fare just for me" on only by calling my PCC. Haven't put it to the test just yet.

If you dare to post even just the instructions on how to be assigned a PCC--never mind the name and extension of a specific one--it gets deleted post haste.

Since I recently turned Elite I have been receiving e-mails listing specific sailings that I can get a "special fare just for me" on only by calling my PCC. Haven't put it to the test just yet.

Oh well.