Update on Divi little bay?

JH31115

I’m traveling in July on Anthem of the seas and we stop in St. Maarten. In the past we’ve taken a taxi and spent the day at little bay, rented chairs and used bar and facilities at Divi little bay beach. Does anyone know if it’s they still allow cruise passengers? Resort seems open according to their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
I’m traveling in July on Anthem of the seas and we stop in St. Maarten. In the past we’ve taken a taxi and spent the day at little bay, rented chairs and used bar and facilities at Divi little bay beach. Does anyone know if it’s they still allow cruise passengers? Resort seems open according to their website.

Please report back if you find out. Thanks

I emailed divi resort as we’ll be there at the end of October and got the following response:

We do not charge a fee for day use at Divi Little Bay Beach Resort. The beach is open to public access as well as the restaurants and water sports department. The beach chairs and umbrellas are available for rent daily at the activities hut. The cost is $5.00 for each item. Only guests staying at the resort are allowed to use the pools and hot tubs. Please be sure to "check-in" with the Front Desk upon arrival at the resort.

Hope this helps

Would you know if they take reservations? If not, would it be necessary to go very early to secure loungers/umbrellas?

Thanks!!

We have been there twice and it wasn't crowded either time. Most people head to other beaches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was there last month....was open and the beach was great.

Did you book ahead of time or just pay once you arrived? I found a couple of websites with packages from $ 40 - $ 75, but it seems cheaper to just take a cab there and pay on arrival, if allowed.

Did you book ahead of time or just pay once you arrived? I found a couple of websites with packages from $ 40 - $ 75, but it seems cheaper to just take a cab there and pay on arrival, if allowed.

Taxi from the pier and pay once you get there.

Taxi from the pier and pay once you get there.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear. The websites I saw appear to be consolidators who are adding a mark-up for booking through their site.

Thanks, that’s what I was hoping to hear. The websites I saw appear to be consolidators who are adding a mark-up for booking through their site.

Just go straight onto the beach and you can rent the chairs and umbrellas there.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, carnival03 said:

Is the beach area / water nice and clear (generally)? I know this is sometimes a problem close to the port. Also, I assume you're allowed to use the restrooms? What about wifi?

The water was nice when we were there in December. I did snorkel, but there was not much to see near shore. I did swim out to the area that many of the catamarans were stopping  at, but it wasn’t very clear and I didn’t see much. The spot they stop is a few hundred yards from shore near the point to the left of the beach if you are looking out towards Saba.

There were nice restrooms available, a restaurant and bar service on the beach in the area we were in. I don’t know about WiFi, since it wasn’t of interest to me.

Edited by JT1962

13 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

The water was nice when we were there in December. I did snorkel, but there was not much to see near shore. I did swim out to the area that many of the catamarans were stopping  at, but it wasn’t very clear and I didn’t see much. The spot they stop is a few hundred yards from shore near the point to the left of the beach if you are looking out towards Saba.

There were nice restrooms available, a restaurant and bar service on the beach in the area we were in. I don’t know about WiFi, since it wasn’t of interest to me.

Excellent! Thanks for the info.