Koningsdam thermal.suite $

lahlah57

Going on the 2.week transatlantic in october and.wanted to know if any of the experienced

K-Dammers have purchased the the thermal.suite package?

Is it worth it? It is pricey but if it is "functioning" on a regular basis and not closed for.repairs I would feel better about it.

We are are not suite passengers....just verandah zo no special perks with that.

Would you spring for it? :confused:

My wife and I purchased it for the 7/10 sailing and we thought it was worth it. I believe the cost was $250/couple. It was never closed when we went to use it. There is a very large pool with two powerful jets in the middle that you can turn. They will almost knock you over so be prepared!!! The pool also has a ring of metal seats around the edge with a constant spray of water. On a rough sea day the pool got quite "sloshy". They also have about 8 thermal loungers, a very hot steam room, a quiet relaxation room then separate men's and women's sauna areas. Two cool features were a horizontal shower (no way else to explain it) and the cold water bucket dunderbaks@yahoo.com which they have outside the steam room and also had in the men's sauna. We thought it was one of the nicest spas we have used on a ship. NCL Getaway gets a higher grade because they had so many types of rooms.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are recently off the Koningsdam in the Norwegian fjords and toured the spa area on embarkation day. It looked really nice and everything was working. As best I can recall, the couple rate for 7 days was $307 with unlimited use and an individual rate was around $200. You could visit for a day for $40 with a limit of two hours if there was availability. We decided not to purchase. Towards the end of the cruise I tried to schedule a nail appointment but they were booked, except for 8am so book early if you want any special treatments:)

We were on the Koningsdam premiere voyage and I made use of the Thermal Suite daily.

It's another step up from the Vista/Signature class ships, in my view. The hydrotherapy pool has better capacity, and there are more thermal beds (and a bigger step up that the change in passenger capacity from the Signature Class, so it's a real change in capacity).

There are also some additional features, such as the horizontal shower.

My only complaint was that the locker rooms contain three sizes of locker, and the smallest ones were to small for my needs. Once I'd figured out the numbering, however, I was able to ensure that they were giving me a good one.

On both of my Koningsdam voyages I've booked a day pass for the thermal suite at $40 ... There was no time limit for usage ( I was there for about 5 hours) and all the facilities were in use . I found the big steam room a bit hot for me but there is a smaller one that isn't as hot and a very small but lovely scented infrared sauna. I didn't try the horizontal shower due to embassment mainly ... I'm not known for my gracefulness so wasn't prepared to roll out of it in public . If I could have afforded to have a spa pass for the entirety of the cruises I wouldn't have hesitated to purchase it ...

We were just on the K'dam for the 7-day Norwegian fjords trip and we signed up for it. It's hard to say if it was worth it as we had some issues that prevented full use.

The giant thermal tub (hot tub) was very nice. It was really interesting to try and use it when we were crossing the North Sea in very large swells (8 meters or more). The tub level would change by almost 1.5 feet as the water sloshed back and forth and went over the sides. :) The warm lounges were better in rough seas.

I got a cold for the last 2 days of the sail and did not want to go to the suite and spread germs around and my wife chose not to go alone. That limited our use (in addition to having the extra day in Port in Amsterdam). Since we simply used on board credits to pay for it, it wasn't an issue for us. It would be great for a 2 week cruise where there would be even more opportunity to use it.

One issue was crowding, even with the 60 person limit. It appeared that some folk 'snuck in' via the doors to the Lido pool area and used the thermal area which made it more difficult to find space.

I can't compare to other ships and if you mean a card entry system being a lock with card key access, then yes, they don't have it on the K'dam.

At the main entry to the suite they had a table and chair and a woman sitting there asking for your card (and keeping it until you left) . I'd call it low tech card key access. However, there is more than 1 door in and out and some folk would enter by other doors.

Is that $400/14 nights for two people or one?

I believe it's for one. I would not wish to pay that much if I knew others were sneaking in for free. I would consider if I knew the Kdam has a key card entry for our upcoming cruise.:rolleyes:

Is it possible to purchase thermal pass before the cruise?

Yes with a phone call. The number I do not have right now but I believe the HAL website has the numbers for onboard service puchases. They are only open 8 to 5 m-f.

I like the idea of purchasing what I can before boarding so it's done once we are there!

Is it possible to purchase thermal pass before the cruise?

We purchased the thermal suite pass for our cruise in advance by telephone and paid in full at the time. When we got on the ship and went to the spa the first day the special price was $100 less than we paid. Fortunately we were able to get the matter resolved and received a credit on our account. So just be aware!

We purchased the thermal suite pass for our cruise in advance by telephone and paid in full at the time. When we got on the ship and went to the spa the first day the special price was $100 less than we paid. Fortunately we were able to get the matter resolved and received a credit on our account. So just be aware!

Good piece of info....hmmm!

I was just going to make the same comment. We've always been told to purchase it ahead of time in case it sells out. We've seen a different price many times and have always gotten a refund. When it had happened to us, they completely refunded and then recharged, rather than crediting the difference. (This issue is not HAL only, we just had the same thing happen on Disney with their Rainforest area as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...