Carry On Soda?

avic77

I just discovered NCL no longer allows passengers to carry on Soda. Does Princess allow you to bring Soda, water, and wine?

We would only bring 1 bottle of wine and a case or soda and a case of water. We do not like fountain machine sodas at all :( and do not drink Pepsi products either. So NCL is falling off my list of possibilities.

We buy water from Princess. They leave the bottles in the room and it is very inexpensive. Last we went you could still carry on soda and wine. Check the regulations for wine. I think 1 bottle should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just discovered NCL no longer allows passengers to carry on Soda. Does Princess allow you to bring Soda, water, and wine?

We would only bring 1 bottle of wine and a case or soda and a case of water. We do not like fountain machine sodas at all :( and do not drink Pepsi products either. So NCL is falling off my list of possibilities.

Bring as much soda, water & wine as you desire. :D

Each adult passenger may bring a 750ml bottle of wine (best placed in a carry on bag) without any fee to be consumed in cabin. If you want to take it to a dining room there's a $15 fee & they'll store it for another time. Bottles over the 1 bottle/adult limit are allowed but are subject to a $15/bottle fee & can be consumed anywhere on the ship.

You're planning to only bring 1 bottle of wine but it's possible to bring additional bottles of wine or champagne which is just one of the many reasons we cruise with Princess.

Through your Cruise Personalizer you can prepay to get 12 packs of half liter bottled water for $6.90. It's just another option we use to not have to bring bottled water to the ship. We mostly drink the safe shipboard water however it's convenient for us to have some bottled water in ports. I've never brought water or soda on by the case (smaller amounts & replenish soda in ports) but I've read of many people who put a luggage tag on cases of soda/water, give it to a pierside porter & have it arrive at their cabin.

Princess has Coke products which are available by the can (about $2.30 which includes 15% tip) but like you we don't like any fountain soda. :(

Wine - 1 x 750ml bottle of wine per person of drinking age can be carried on board without charge. These bottles are for use in your cabin. Additional bottles can be carried on board and are subject to a $15/bot corkage fee. These bottles will be marked and can be used anywhere on the ship.

Soda - You can bring on as much as you like without charge. Princess ships have Coke products, not Pepsi.

Water - You can bring on as much as you like without charge. Bottled water is also available in the cruise personlizer for pre-purchase. Once boarded you can not get the $6.90 deal.The cost is $6.90 (58 cents/bot) for 12x500ml (pint) bottles. If purchased they will be delivered to your cabin. Saves you from carrying the water. Ship's water is as good or better then bottled water. Bring a water bottle. There is ice in your cabin or you can get ice at any bar.

Two weeks ago we boarded with a case of soda (I like the store brand and can buy a case of 12 for less than the cost of a single can purchased on the ship). I put a luggage tag on it, checked it in at the curb with the rest of our luggage, and it was delivered to our room. We also bought the 12 pack of bottled water before our cruise. The cost is quite small for the convenience it provides. We also asked our room steward to empty our mini-fridge and placed sodas and water in it. It did quite well in keeping everything cold. The steward also placed an ice bucket full of ice in the fridge, and replenished it every day.

You can get a case of 12 Cokes for less than $2.50? That is a deal!

Tom

Nope, I said "store brand", not Coke. I am not a Coke fan, and only drink it if it's the only thing available. I prefer diet Pepsi of the major soda brands, but actually prefer Safeway's Refresh brand of diet soda to Pepsi. With the Safeway club card I often can get two 12 packs for $5.

Nope, I said "store brand", not Coke. I am not a Coke fan, and only drink it if it's the only thing available. I prefer diet Pepsi of the major soda brands, but actually prefer Safeway's Refresh brand of diet soda to Pepsi. With the Safeway club card I often can get two 12 packs for $5.

Ah, missed seeing the store brand blurb. Sorry 'bout that. I thought you'd found a secret deal place!

Tom

You can bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine and all the soda & water no problem. If you take more wine you will be charged a fee.

Tony

Ah, missed seeing the store brand blurb. Sorry 'bout that. I thought you'd found a secret deal place!

Recent deal at Randall's in Texas. 6-pack of 1/2 liter Cokes (any variety) for $.99. Limit four 6-packs per customer.

We found buying the 12-pack half liter water bottle from the ship very convenient. We pre-order them to avail of the $6.90 online price.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

I paid £5.50 for mine in March for a May cruise.

Defiantly worth it, to save carrying extras.

It lasted for about 10 days, then I filled a bottle up from the iced jugs on Deck 15.

• 1 month later...
You can get a case of 12 Cokes for less than $2.50? That is a deal!

Tom

i will not spend more than that on soda. it requires waiting for times of year for it to be on sale but i drink very little at home so a few cases last forever. normal price here is 5 or 6 for 12 pack but on sale is 2.50 and i stock up.

i LOVE that princess lets you bring soda and water however the water is SO cheap compared to my 12 bottles of NCL water for 70, that i'm gladly going to order it online. and that the soda pack includes the mocktailes for 8 bucks is insanely cheap! so much better than NCL and royal packages.

if you have soda in your checked bag do you have to go to the naughty room so they know its not beer? doubt id risk bringing any but more a curiosity question.

i

if you have soda in your checked bag do you have to go to the naughty room so they know its not beer? doubt id risk bringing any but more a curiosity question.

I don't know what they do to check if you put the cans in you checked luggage but they don't check each individual can during boarding if you carry them on like some other cruise lines do. Lots of cans of beer can slip though undetected.

• 10 months later...

I searched and found this thread, but it's a year or so old. Has anyone had recent experience carrying on soda? Can I carry on in my hand luggage? I also searched the Princess FAQ and didn't see any reference to it.

Can a passenger bring a 6 pack of pop onboard when returning to the ship at one of the itinerary stops? For example at a stop in Boston could we buy a 6 pack of pop and bring back on board?

Can a passenger bring a 6 pack of pop onboard when returning to the ship at one of the itinerary stops? For example at a stop in Boston could we buy a 6 pack of pop and bring back on board?

Yes, any amount at any time.