Koningsdam Inside Cabins

I've booked cabin 1115, a square inside cabin on the Koningsdam. The photos show extra space by the entry and along one side of the bed but no chairs in the room besides the stool under the desk. Has anyone been in one of these cabins? Would there be space for a chair and would they bring one for us? Just hoping to be able to sit with a little back support. Any information would be helpful.

My daughter and her friend stayed in an inside on the Koningsdam. It was pretty small. They were just fine with it and had plenty of storage space, but I don’t remember seeing any extra space for a chair.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Just sayin': I just got off the Koningsdam and (overall) is actually exceeded my expectations. However, I was in cabin 5018, it is an inside cabin on deck 5 forward. I thought that it would be fairly quiet even though the main theater is on decks 2 & 3 below it, since deck 4 is in between. If noise bothers you and you go to bed before 11 PM you might want to avoid this cabin as you can hear the drums and bass from the evening shows and it can be fairly loud especially for the "production shows". Oddly you don't hear the singing, any announcements, and/or any other instruments. For whatever reason it is just the low pitch noise. The show room (i.e. World Stage) has a drop down section in the ceiling where dancers can drop down on a rope or swing. If you look at the deck 4 floor plan there aren't many rooms in the forward area. A section in deck 4 is probably like the top of an elevator shaft with an access door for the entertainers and the hoist operator. So the noise readily gets into this area of deck 4 and comes up into deck 5 rooms via the space between the walls and/or the air duct system, etc. Anyway the evening shows are usually 8:30 to 9:15 and 10:00 to 10:45 so that is when you hear the noise and it is only the shows with drum and bass music (recorded or live). Also, I have no idea which (if any) rooms around 5018 are similiarly effected.

I've booked cabin 1115, a square inside cabin on the Koningsdam. The photos show extra space by the entry and along one side of the bed but no chairs in the room besides the stool under the desk. Has anyone been in one of these cabins? Would there be space for a chair and would they bring one for us? Just hoping to be able to sit with a little back support. Any information would be helpful.

Last year we had a friend in that cabin. They asked the cabin steward and they did bring him one chair. Those 4 square cabins are larger and do have good storage. We normally book an inside on the S and R class but really enjoyed our ocean view on the Koningsdam. Plenty of space and lots of storage.