Internet packages on the Koningsdam

kstrittm

All,

I am wondering if anybody knows the current offering of internet packages aboard the Koningsdam. I sailed the Zaandam in June, and it had 3 packages based on downloaded data volumes. I was very confused about which package I needed... Here is a cut/paste I took from somebody else's post: The basic service is strictly social media. The Enhanced service is social media, e-mail, banking, connecting to your office, and most website browsing. The Premium service includes all of the lower package capabilities, plus it allows Skype, and other VOIP services, video and music streaming.

Can somebody please explain to me what this all means? How can you determine if you are nearing your allotted amount of data each day? Or is there no limit? Is it basically just a matter of streaming speeds?

Sorry to sound like a dufus, but I am trying to figure out which package I'll need on the Koningsdam in a couple of weeks.

Thanks in advance!

According to a variety of business websites, 1GB (or 1024MB) of data lets you send or receive about 1,000 emails and browse the continuously Internet for about 20 hours. Multiply by 3 or 5 for the higher plans.

• 2 weeks later...
Can somebody please explain to me what this all means? How can you determine if you are nearing your allotted amount of data each day? Or is there no limit? Is it basically just a matter of streaming speeds?
There is no data volume or time limit. It is simply a choice of what activities you want/need, with the activities requiring more bandwidth costing more. Edited by catl331