What was the best deal you ever got on a Princess Cruise?

1AL

For us it was the fall 2016 sailing on the Crown Princess, 28-days Los Angeles to the Hawaiian Islands and Tahiti/South Pacific back to LA. We booked a last-minute inside guarantee cabin for just under $2000 each including port charges/taxes and fees. Princess threw in a total of $850 in onboard credits, $500 of which was

refundable obc!!!

A few days before the sailing with still no cabin assignment showing, I decided to call Princess and spoke to this incredibly well-mannered gentleman in the Inventory Dept.....long story short.....he upgraded us at no cost to an UNOBSTRUCTED BALCONY on Lido Deck, second cabin from the front, starboard side! 28 days of pure bliss!

Although I nearly drowned in Moorea, but that's another story for another day! :D:D:D

5 days in a suite on Caribbean Princess for $100 /pp with $100. /pp extra onboard credit plus all the usual OBC, stock, military.

Also, for our first Princess cruise we were offered and took a move over with nearly $1000 in OBC.

$349pp, southbound Alaska. Gratuities covered. $50obc.

OP,

Did you love your cruise? Probably our first 'very long' after we retire.

LOVED IT!

It seemed like we won the lottery TWICE on that cruise.

In Bora Bora, my wife of 39 years lost her wedding band at the beach. As we were leaving the beach, she realized her ring was not in her bag. We returned to the spot we were at and I started to very gently skim

the surface of the sand and sure enough, BINGO.....I found it! That FELT like winning the lottery.

The following day, while snorkeling in Moorea, I found myself being dragged out to the open sea by this powerful current....Within seconds I went from waist-deep water to dark blue, deep waters. Out of nowhere this boat appears, the guy could see I was struggling as I waved at him, he dragged me on to his boat and took me back ashore.

Other than those 2 close calls, cruise was fantastic! Never ate that much ARANCINI (Google it) in my life on any cruise! So yummy and to die for. Never ever saw them again on ANY other cruise, period!

Edited by 1AL

The best deal on a princess cruise was a week long Mexico sailing out of LA FOR $500 for both of us. The day before the sailing, we were upgraded from an inside cabin to an ocean view stateroom without charge. This cruise ended up being an employee appreciation holiday cruise, so we had a lot of special events. Very fabulous cruise!

But, my best deals have always been on Celebrity!

Took a full suite - balcony extended across the stern. Paid $5000+ for 4 day coastal. Then, all was applied to my already booked next cruise - LA Hawaii RT balcony. Made the suite free.

A short, but oh so sweet bonus!

Another time, paid 750 for both of us on the RT LA Hawaii.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Forums mobile app

Best deal was getting my entire cruise fare credited to my Captain’s Circle account for use towards paying for another cruise. Essentially a free cruise.

Other than that, best deal was paying $1,200 for a 15-day Hawaiian cruise as a single.

Both on the same sailing Regal January 18 upsell from guaranteed mini sweet to aft suite with wrap around balcony for $458 . My DS and DIl on the same cruise , downgrade from guaranteed balcony to inside for free with everything paid as refundable OBC

My best is for a cruise that I have yet to take.

Royal Princess' New Year's Cruise this year: I booked a lower deck standard veranda stateroom in January. The price was high, but, I wanted to sail on Royal Princess and I wanted another New Year's Cruise. So, I accepted the " financial penalty" for sailing on that particular cruise. Two months later, literally "out of the blue", my travel agent calls me with the news that Princess is offering to move me to a Mini-Suite, in a desirable location, for the same amount of money, but with a loss of some unimportant, to me, perks received with the original booking. The price difference between the Mini-Suite and the standard veranda stateroom was considerable with my original booking. Of course, I accepted the offer.

Why did this happen? Neither my travel agent or I know. My agent suspects that my stateroom was in a block of staterooms that some outfit wanted to book and they wanted my stateroom. Thus, the need to offer me a nice free upgrade by Princess.

For whatever reason, I do appreciate this free upgrade! Thank you, Princess Cruises!

August 2001 we got a mailed offer for 12 day Australian-NZ cruise including air from LA starting on Christmas day (for us) for $995 each. We hadn't been thinking of this cruise but had to take it. A month later 9/11 happened and flying forever changed. But we still went and loved it.

Cheers

Thought I was doing quite OK when I received an email from Princess for a special price of $3999 for a 28 day cruise in an obstructed oceanview cabin. 10 days before leaving, received a move over offer and we chose a 28 day cruise next year which is free in a balcony. I could have chosen a 35 day cruise for nothing but I liked the itinerary of one we were already booked for. Couldn't believe our luck.

Rosie

Our best deal (on Princess) was on the Regal about 3 years ago for her fall (around October 30) repositioning cruise from NYC to Miami. It has been an annual 10 day cruise which usually has 3 port calls in the Caribbean. We snagged a very high category balcony for a total price of $1200 (that was the complete price for 2). We also got $300 of OBCs on that cruise putting our real price at $900 or $45 per passenger/day. Since we also get a few other benefits from being Elite...it felt like we were being paid to take that cruise :).

Hank